Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Here are some more pictures of the bench. The H frame is made of 4"x7"x1/4" sq tubing. We bought this for fork lift pockets and cut off a few for some carts we were building. The leftover piece was just enough to get 2 48" pieces and one 55" piece that form the H.

Notice also a piece of the orange colored steel tubing I used for most of the bench. There are also rectangular supports under the 3/8" top and the top is overlapped on two sides for clamping. Notice some holes that were in the old tubing. I thought I would leave these for future additions.

The bench works nice for setting up a chop saw (see pix). Notice in one shot that the top extension piece of 3/8" is removable and I am thinking of making additional "pop in" attachments like a firebrick or vise attachment. I left the ends of the 4" x 7" tubing open thinking they might be handy to bend things with or to rack some rod.

Jim

Modela,
    thanks for the pics, great job!!!
    Question: how do you get your pics to just come up like that, so we don't have to click on a link? Nice job!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Photobucket works great

I got a tip from one of the readers to use photobucket. Photobucket is free. I just download from the camera into photobucket. At the bottom of each picture is three lines on image size. If you check the bottom one it will say copied. You then go back to your post put your cursor where you want it and paste it in. If you open two browsers you can jump back and forth and it works really well.

Jim

Awesome pictures!
    Thanks Jim!, as soon as the water leaves my garage() I will be starting on a table.
    Millermatic 210

Thanks Jim!
    Photobucket it is! Fun4now, don't worry, I'll resize them first!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default sweet...

Nice set up...