Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shorerider16 View Post
    Wear very thin gloves and frequently reposition the weldment.
    Ouch...

Just to follow up the off topic. I can now see why folks say steel is generally easier than aluminum. After getting over the initial differences (quieter, gnarly glow of red hot steel, etc.), I practiced a few butt welds. Compared to aluminum, the steel practically seemed to weld itself.

Oh yeah. And I forgot to turn on my helmet for the second time. However, this time I realized it immediately and closed my eyes and killed the arc. Not that I'm worried about it this time, especially since I now know about the full time UV/IR shading regardless of whether the helmet is on.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    TIGing verry relaxing .
    Doing the steel really was. Less tempermental than the aluminum and about the only thing you hear (without an MP3 player one ) is the steady, quiet stream of argon. Rather addicting and a good stress release.

Miller should really do some thing about the noise.
    Not sure I understand. Are Miller welders loud in general? This TA185 is the only welder I've been around duing use.

the dyn screams like a dying rabbit its loud enough to want ear plugs as i understand it. this is on AC only though. i also have the TA-185 so no screaming for me aether. just a sweet hummmmm.

i thought minewas broke when i first tryed AC . i was expecting the screeming of the Dyn ???
    Last edited by fun4now; 02-24-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    the dyn screams like a dying rabbit its loud enough to want ear plugs as i understand it. this is on AC only though. i also have the TA-185 so no screaming for me aether. just a sweet hummmmm.

i thought minewas broke when i first tryed AC . i was expecting the screeming of the Dyn ???
    I love the sound...it makes my customers realize I have a welder that does things they never seen or heard
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

I also love how the machine changes sound with every different setting so you KNOW how it is set simply by the sound it makes. Low hz makes a clicking sound like a racoon and higher chirps like a bird!! Pulse just intensifies it all together.
    When I go work in shops with my Dynasty that also weld I make sure I run the gammit on changing the hz and pulse just so they know I got something they don't and don't understand for that matter. Arrogant but I hate teaching my customers how to compete with me.
    It is so loud that you can hear it over the Bobcat a couple hundred feet away if conditions are right...people know when I'm bustin" @$$
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Exclamation

FusionKing said:
    I love the sound...it makes my customers realize I have a welder that does things they never seen or heard.

There's a line in the movie "Blade Runner", that says something like: "I've seen things, been places and done things your mind can't imagine."

Added FusionKing's quote so Root would understand.
    Last edited by Craig in Denver; 02-25-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Craig seems to have started babbling incoherently again. Next he is going to tell us that he was the one that said that in Blade Runner.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    I wonder though, can one claiming humility truly be such?
    Who's incoherent?
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    Who's incoherent?
    Yeah?!?! Well... yo mama!

And, at least my incoherency encircled transcendent reflection leading down the corridor of internal wisdom and ethereal tranquility.