Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default mm250x gas solenoid

does anyone know of a way to diagnose whether the gas solenoid on the millermatic 250x is defective? I would like to isolate if the problem is with the solenoid (an easy replacement) or with the signal getting to the solenoid. (a trip to the repair shop). I am not getting gas delivered to the gun. There is gas getting to the solenoid but not beyond this point. I am not hearing anything at the solenoid such as a tell tale click that the device is opening when I depress the trigger. any ideas would be appreciated.

llawry,

Check for 24 volts AC to the valve with the gun trigger pulled. If it's there and the valve is not pulling in then you have a valve problem.

Kevin

Default solenoid

I thought this might be the case but was looking for confirmation. Thanks. I will test on the unit and with an independent 24volt power source. If this is not the problem, I will take to the local dealer for service as I did not see any evidence of a fuse or anything else that is within my capability to trouble shoot.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.