Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Auto mid rise scissor lift

Anybody use one of these? Looking for some feedback on how good they are, quality wise. I understand they aren't a replacement for a 2/4 post lift but for a lot of things they would be nice to have. I like the fact that they can be moved to different areas of the shop. Models are the PMR6 mid rise auto lift or MR6 nid rise auto lift or TCPL6 mid rise auto lift. Seems to all be the same thing made overseas & sold under different labels.

http://www.americanautomotiveequipme...uctCode=PMR6XT
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Could not find anything on their site where it said where it was made.... is it USA or China???? do they list it??? lots of offshore stuff is being sold by companies whose title begins with American or All-American......

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Could not find anything on their site where it said where it was made.... is it USA or China???? do they list it??? lots of offshore stuff is being sold by companies whose title begins with American or All-American......
    I should of clarified that the three models listed are from three different companies but all look the same. I just assumed they were from overseas & relabeled like Jet, Grizzly, etc. do. I just started looking into these & am lookimg for any user feedback.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

i dont have any experience with these, but the shop close by has one, his was from snap on, i am sure he paid well for the name, it is priceless to him, he is a mechanic and has a small mig, it will lift all types of bikes, small tractors, implements, also small cars, he is a big guy and bending over to work on the smaller stuff has its drawbacks, this lift allows that type of work to be done comfortably. as far as quality, i am a stickler with quality, especially with my tools, but i think most of us forget what we do for work when shopping for this type of equipment. its just another piece of metal that some one else built, we see this stuff every day when a customer walks in with a job, you can go buy one and beef it up, or reweld some of the welds, some of the chinese weldments are awefull, but they can be cleaned up in a few hours, let us know which brand you end up with

I have one and it is a Bend Pak. It has worked out great! You can do everything but alignment and tires. I have had mine now for 6 years and 2 moves and it is still going. This is the best investment you can have if you work on cars as much as I do at home.

I have one that was a surplus from a tire store. It seems considerably sturdier than the one in the link.

It's not much use for undercarriage work as the framework blocks everything. For bodywork it's FANTASTIC!!! For typical mechanical work the hassle of setting up the lift offsets any advantage. My cars are all so low it's difficult to load them.

YMMV ;-))
    Miller Diversion 165
    1966 Bridgeport Mill
    Leblond 15x 35 Regal Servoshift lathe
    Solberga SE 1425 Drill Press
    Bigass Bandsaw
    Hydraulic press
    small surface grinder
    Belt sander
    Tons of grinders and hand tools
    Knife edge Balancing rollers
    Heat and AC in the garage