Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restaurant sign

Quote Originally Posted by FUZZYTX View Post
    Jimmypop, it is 2x2x1/4". It runs up almost to the top. The sign is actually really stable on three legs, gusseted quite high up the stem. Didn't want anything wider to distract the view.
    The sign post is short and well gusseted and the center of gravity does not look like it will put much strain on the post. I honestly couldn't see it was .25 when compared to the waterjet pieces adjacent to it in that one photograph. Judging from the quality of photos on your Facebook page, you know what you are doing. Sorry to chime in on that 2x2 but i was real curious how you were getting away with that if inface it was .125. I screwed myself early on by using a too thin walled anchor post and it caused me alot of grief to replace. You had me curious.

Again excellent work.

By the way, I moved to Aledo in 3rd grade and spend my entire childhood and high school years there there before moving to Dallas for work. I just moved to Phoenix this year and was glad to miss this past summer there in Texas. Great weather here. Nice and dry, no humidity. Cool to see someone somewhat local, Weatherford, to my hometown.
    '11 Lincoln Power Mig 216
    '10 Syncro200 TIG runner
    Scotchman CPO 350 LT cold saw w/ AMS
    6x6 Enco corner notcher
    Weldsale fixture table 3x5
    Acorn Welding Platen 5x8

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboyracer View Post
    Can't you just admire the sign and move on? Do you always have to prove to everyone how smart you THINK you are?
    FU doughy
    '11 Lincoln Power Mig 216
    '10 Syncro200 TIG runner
    Scotchman CPO 350 LT cold saw w/ AMS
    6x6 Enco corner notcher
    Weldsale fixture table 3x5
    Acorn Welding Platen 5x8

Default Back atcha...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_pop View Post
    FU doughy
    Thank you...
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

Jimmypop, no worries bout the question. The stem in the final product only extends about 12" out the bottom.
    I also know Aledo well. Built many many miles of fence around there for two of the biggest ranches in that area. And yes, living in Texas this last summer was a mofo!

Norm, all the metal around the sign is 1/8" x 6" and was hand rolled around the cutout faces, tacked little tabs every couple of inches on the inside to give me a shoulder to force the plate to. Lots of c-clamps and leverage on my part. The tight parts were heated with a rosebud and "pre-formed" prior to fitting on the main body. Whole thing tacked out and then mig'd out.
    I sure appreciate all the views to my Facebook page as well, hit the "Like" button when you visit. http://facebook.com/aberdeengate
    Thanks for the compliments and have a Happy New Year!

That is a handsome piece of work!!!
    thanks for sharing it with us....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by FUZZYTX View Post
    Norm, all the metal around the sign is 1/8" x 6" and was hand rolled around the cutout faces, tacked little tabs every couple of inches on the inside to give me a shoulder to force the plate to. Lots of c-clamps and leverage on my part. The tight parts were heated with a rosebud and "pre-formed" prior to fitting on the main body. Whole thing tacked out and then mig'd out.
    I sure appreciate all the views to my Facebook page as well, hit the "Like" button when you visit. http://facebook.com/aberdeengate
    Thanks for the compliments and have a Happy New Year!
    Lots of muscle work, but you sure did a great job !

.........Norm

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com