Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

heres a crappy one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

My camaro when I bought it. O.K., so now you know why I started over from scratch.

Cool

come on Dabar39 give us some more
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

O.K., Here's one that is just plain ole ignorance more than anything else. Here is a race car that I had come across being offered for sale. This one really doesn't have to do with bad welds, just lack of common sense, but then again you can't really see the welds.

Besides the main cage being poorly engineered, take a good look at the door bars on the right side of the car. If you notice the yellow paint is not damaged in any way therefore leading me to believe it was repainted after taking a good shot in the door.

I guess the owner figured if it took this good of a hit and it didn't completely collapse it won't if it takes another hit. I can't believe that this car was being raced in this condition and that it had passed tech at whatever track it was being raced at.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    O.K., Here's one that is just plain ole ignorance more than anything else. Here is a race car that I had come across being offered for sale. This one really doesn't have to do with bad welds, just lack of common sense, but then again you can't really see the welds.

Besides the main cage being poorly engineered, take a good look at the door bars on the right side of the car. If you notice the yellow paint is not damaged in any way therefore leading me to believe it was repainted after taking a good shot in the door.

I guess the owner figured if it took this good of a hit and it didn't completely collapse it won't if it takes another hit. I can't believe that this car was being raced in this condition and that it had passed tech at whatever track it was being raced at.

As they say, common sense isn't so common anymore. That car needs to be cut apart and scrapped before some poor driver gets impaled by a piece of pipe. I wouldn't even drive it to the junk yard.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Well Dave,

I think you already know what my opinion is.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

I think this guy is trying for a job at Ford Motor Company

Also, here is a link, it doesn't show the weld on the car but you can imagine what it looks like after you see what happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1A-HQmnZeU
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

The upside down shock absorber is also a nice touch.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

As the shock starts to leak......this will catch the fluid and keep it off the track. Very safety minded.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge