Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Talking

crumple zones.........oh i see he was thinking of our safty when he left that big gap in there as a crumple zone.......
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default I can't be the only one that gets this type of work

There's got to be a few of you guys out there that has gotten a job or two to repair someone else's mess. Well anyways here's a couple more for your viewing pleasure.

This is a home built trailer that I took in as a trade in on a new trailer. The only reason I took the trade in was to get it off the streets for good. It was cut up into scrap within minutes of the customer leaving the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dabar39; 02-19-2008 at 06:48 PM.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Here's an axle that the customer thought that maybe I could just weld it back together for them. This is from a boat trailer carrying a small 14' fiberglass boat, it made it to Fl. from New Hampshire before it broke.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Woooow. Just further proof why ya just cant cut anybody loose with a welding machine And why good craftsmen are still needed
    Hey Dabar was the guy with the boat familiar with the term DRY-DOCK

Default coat hanger

Hey! don't knock coat hangers... works as a brazing rod in a pinch LOL

Gee that dump truck repair looks like my old dump truck. That guy must have gotten around. After i bought it and looked at it I wondered what I was thinking. Glad that Rocky took time out to come up here and show me how to go about fixing it. Thanks again Rocky.
    Harold
    Harold
    Craftsman Colormatic AC
    Victor Journyman Setup
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    MM210 With Spoolgun
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter
    Miller HD Tape Measure

My welding teacher told me if was going to weld like pigeon shyth at least do it in a place no one will ever see. My dad was famous for giving my crap "when you gonna let me weld something dad? When your welds don't look like chewing gum!!! Circa 1987.
    I'm a much better rod burner now. No Really I am.
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Red face

i been TIGing up some thin SS artsy fartsy stuff lately and if my TIG beads don't improve soon i think i'll be posting them here.
    with a lil more playing around i hope to get them back on track, cant seem to trace down my problem????
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Dabar you've outdone yourself with the pics once again This thread should be as big as you might be a welder if thread

You guys are goin' to h*ll....ever darned one of you! I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clint Baxley
    Baxley Welding Service
    Rembert, SC 29128