Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table idea

More than half of it has nothing to do with features. Like they say in real estate, location, not so much what it is as where. They do have a productive effect, can be counter productive also but some places that have been good have been nothing more than a plate on a couple horses.
    I made some mistakes, I welded a 1/2 rebar from that channel you can see in the floor back to the wall and use it as a ground point for some of the machines, I should have used a 3/4 rod or maybe even better chunk of old building entrance wire, 3/0 copper,,, ha, its not a working issue though at my small currents and duty cycles. I electrically grounded it at that point also. I didn't put a conduit in out of fear which was a mistake. I tried about everything and finally bight the bullet and air chisel a groove for pipe. I did it from bench to bench also, put 1 circuit fed from gfci and used 2 wire feed via an iso g outlet. A grounded tool case or equipment ground cant carry welding current. Its grounded,,, just not with the circuit that feeds it and that is gfci.
    I didn't plumb air, I got a whip behind me at the wall, reaches the bench. One other thing I did was almost eliminate the need to connect air hoses, I need to connect the tools to the hose but never disconnect hot hose to hose. I put in about 3 fixed in whips and 3 or 4 reels including an outdoor and no one has to take a hose anywhere, no plugging hoses in to hydrants.

In the bench wrenchess pic you can see I went back and added a little piece of pipe and another duplex, there is no 4 1/2 grinder there but that is an old picture when we were still using corded drills and had to fiddle with plug unplug, another ah ha moment where I had had it and fix the thing.
    I got some things where they aint "right" but items like benches, hydrants, outlets, lights where the duty cycle is so hi its worth a stop and tailor sometimes. I plugged grinder and back in the day drills into the benches thousands of times.
    Last edited by Sberry; 12-14-2011 at 10:39 AM.