Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default automatic bore welder

does anyone have any experience with automatic bore welders thinking of gettng into it that is the reason for the syncrowve and weld control questions there is no one in the area i know of that has one besides dealer an most people dont want to pay the high rates of a dealership

Default Try BorTech

Since we don't offer a Miller solution for bore welding, we encourage you to look at BorTech in Keane, NH. Good folks, solid reputation.

http://www.bortech.com

Thank you. I have already contacted many of the manufacturers Bore Tec included but everyone says that their stuff is best. Im just tryin to figure out whoes is best and who is blowin smoke.

Shouldn't have to look too far to see who's "blowing smoke".

Is there a mirror in the restroom?
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

The only experience I have with these system is with the Bore Repair System Inc. And it work really slick. The only problem we had with it, is where the feeding line goes in the main feeder arm, we had to had a pieces of hydrolic tubing "" for lack of finding a length of spring type pieces"" so the lead wouldn't kink as bad. Because when the feeder goes around the bore the wire inside has to turn inside the cable and depending where your bore is, it still has to be fairly straight or as big as you can radius, so the wire feeds smoothly.
    All and all we've done 100's of bore and it work really good beside hesitating intermediately when the radius of the feed hose would be to tight.

turbo38t Guest

The Climax bore welding system is TOP NOTCH. Used this for about 50-100 holes. Pretty flawless once you learn it. You need to use large cast wire though, it is a special wire that is made in like a 6-8 foot diamter rather than 1-2 foot. It makes the "flop" as the rotation is completed minimal . I used to make a clean cut with the boring bar and then weld it up and recut after everything cooled...

Quote Originally Posted by metalworksinc View Post
    Thank you. I have already contacted many of the manufacturers Bore Tec included but everyone says that their stuff is best. Im just tryin to figure out whoes is best and who is blowin smoke.
    When my friend made a serious inquiry about a bore welding and boring system it brought about a lengthy in shop demo and also a sale of the equipment. The point being if you are serious, most if not all are ready to demo what they have.

Default borewelder

Have you actually priced this equipment? I use a york bar with a boretec borewelder.I like the bar but love the borewelder. I use an old MM200 on it and would guess it is the minimum.it is still about $25000 in equipment
    I started with a homemade bar and 7018 to build up but it isnt easy, so many places you cant get to with welding rod, the advice on making a cleanup pass is almost a nessity, wait til nyou weld over an embedded piece of hard bushing and try to cut it back out be sure and do the paper work before investing in this much equipment. it might take a long time to pay for it. if everything goes right its a very boring job

getting too old for this I think