Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ultimate weldshop winner

Hello everyone, yes it is true I am the winner of the ultimate weldshop. I just found out about this sight a few days ago. I was reading some of the forum information and questions and best wishes. I would like to thank all of the people who have wished me well with the new equipment I have received from Miller(Thanks Miller!!) . I have my work cut out for me with the plasma ha ha! The tig will also be a challenge as a shake like a leaf in a tornado but I will make it.
    The story is I went to get weld gas for my mig welder at Prax air in Winnipeg (Manitoba) and saw the ad board at the store. I proceeded to grab a ballot and enter the draw for the instant prizes. I figured to win the weldshop main prize was really far fetched. I entered the draw and it said I didn't win an instant prize so away I went. I was at home a couple months later when I received a phone call from Miller. I thought I had a recall or a warranty issue with my Miller 130 mig that I had previously purchased. I returned their phone call and talked to a very positive and polite Miller marketing representative. At first I didn't catch the beginning of the conversation and heard " I need some more information" well in this day and age you are always a little skeptical of this request. I asked a few questions and understood what was going on. We proceeded to talk for a few minutes to iron out the details and I received some information regarding the winnings.
    The prizes were sent to the distributor in Winnipeg. It was arranged to meet the Miller rep and have some pictures, and accept some congrats from various people at the venue. I received the prizes and continued on my way quite excited to open all these new boxes. I had to get home it was really sinking in that I had this new welding equipment in tow. I frantically opened boxes like a little kid at Christmas! Well that is the story, still have to figure out how to use the plasma and the tig to precision (I need lots of practice), I mean lots. Thanks again

P.S. I will be asking you questions in the future hope you will give me a hand

Thanks Madmax
    Last edited by Madmax; 02-18-2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: forgot

Default Congratulations!

WOW! Best wishes, glad you made the post. Keep us posted with what you won and how you are using your new equipment.

Congrats and welcome to the board. WE would sure like to see some pics of all the new toys errr tools

That's cool. It's good to hear from the winner of this.

Good luck with all your stuff.

-James

Insert jealous smile here

Default Congrats Madmax!!!!!

All of us (well, most of us ) are happy for you. Welcome to the board and please post some pics.

Best of luck,
    Ben
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

That's fantastic!! Good for you.
    I still gotta give you the "YOU SUCK" award. LOL
    Pictures please!

Thumbs up

way cool.
    lots of great people here willing to help. hang around, good to have ya.
    and congrats on the new toy's.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Congrats.

i'm happy for ya (fingers crossed) good luck and welcome
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Victor O/A
    Chop Saw
    Porta-band
    grinders
    hand tools

Congrats on the win. Really surprised it made it to Canada. Would be nice to see some pics if possible. Enjoy the new toys. If you can't use em all at once I'm just in the next province & could help put them to work

Congrats! And welcome to the forum.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at