Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It is impossible to selectively anneal tubing of that size. The best bet to bend it in T0 (dead soft annealed), then if mechanical properties are needed above that, solution heat treat and age for T6.

How would I do this? Make a round bending jig from 1" MDF, using a router bit and pivot arm to precisely route a semicircular channel all around. Route two flat pieces of MDF with channel to grip, then attach both to the bench and go to town. It is best to pivot the jig and fix the flats to the bench, using a lever to pivot the jig

I had to bend several coils from 0.035" wall, 1/4" stainless tube and built a jig like this. Only used a drill press to spin the coils. Nice and tight.

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    Heck,

I'd buy one of the Harbor Freight rollers and get the guys at Swag to make me up a set of dies/rollers before I'd ruin a lot of tube trying to hand bend it.

Be the cheapest solution, but still not the best.
    If you want to do this yourself and not out source this is the simplest solution.You will end up with a decent tubing roll for the money as well. I took this advice from Sundown about a year ago on a stainless boat bow rail project and it worked great.Keep us posted on your progress.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137