Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pass Port Plus

Default Pass Port Plus

Picked up the Pass Port Plus last week. This week I want to get the spool gun for it. What all do I need to run aluminum on the Pass Port Plus? Spool gun, gas and wire? What type of gas for the aluminum?

Thanks....

ProWorkz,

Congrats on the new machine The Passport is great little unit and really packs alot of punch for it's size. To set your machine up for aluminum you will need these items:

Spoolmate 100
    1 lb spool(s) of aluminum wire
    A bottle of 100% Argon gas
    Regulator and gas hose for the Argon

You may want to get some extra contact tips also.

Kevin

Default Spool gun

Kevin thanks for the reply. I picked up the spool gun two weeks ago. I plan on running my first aluminum beeds this week with the spool gun. What is a good flow rate for the Argon? Thanks.....

Dave

ProWork,
    Last week I got my 5th PassPort + and they all weld just about the same.
    When you startout with the PassPort + you'll need to start on the low side of the rrecommended settings. The little PassPort + has alot of power and I find the factory settings are kinda high. Also, when you adjust the machine, I have found that the adjustment knobs are VERY sensative. Each little click makes a big difference.
    Good luck,
    Bulldog
    5 Passport Pluses
    2 MM 212's
    MM 210
    MM 251 MIA
    MM 350 P w/Python
    Syncrowave 250
    w/ tig runner
    Trailblazer 302
    12RC w/meters
    Spectrum 1000