Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default New welding station and welding machines rack

Hi everyone, this is my first post to this forum as I just joined it, but have been visiting it for a while. I just completed a project and thought I would share the idea with others here.I wanted to consolidate 3 welding machine racks and 1 welding station into a self contained mobile (on wheels) work centre so here is what it looks like. Some features are: table top has front edge to clamp grounds onto, holds mig, plasma, and tig/stick machine, has front mounted 120 volt power bar, has all 3 machines plugged in at rear with one power supply extension cord wired to supply 3 - 220 volt and 2 - 120 volt circuits on rear of welding station, right side holds all my home made ABS plastic tig rod holders, left side holds aluminum spool gun cords/hoses, top center above the table top has a rack to hold my vicegrip clamping pliers, one, shelf under the table top holds wire bushes, chipping hammer, safety glasses, 2 grinders, and on the left side the aluminum spool gun controller. The back 2 corners hold the 2 welding gas cylinders which are secured top and lower with chains for safety. There is a bottom shelf to hold the spool gun, extra stick wire, and the tig foot controller. The overall dimensions are 60" long X 40" deep X 42" high (top of table). When I figure out how to attach a photo with my IPad I will post some.

wow!
    Looks like a nice job to me
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    wow!
    Looks like a nice job to me
    I agree wholeheartedly.... a well thought out , well executed piece of work....

WELL DONE!!!...............

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default Welding station

Thanks for the nice comments. There are lots of great project on this forum.

great job i may justa have to make one of my own

Default Welding station

If you want in process photos I can add them to the forum or rough sketches. Just don't know what is normal and didn't want to post something nobody needs.

Nice work. I don't like having my machines under my work area though. What I have found, is that the area under where I am plasma cutting and welding gets eaten alive by sparks as well as abrasive cutting and grinding dust. I do a lot of steel cutting and welding though, if you are doing cleaner work it would be okay I suppose. It does look nice though.

Default Welding station

Your right, dust and cutting debris would destroy the machines. All cutting and most large grinding is done away from the welding station. The top of the station is used more for TIG and smaller MIG work. Its height is 42" so standing or working from a high drafting type chair/stool works very well. The font edge of the top protrudes 6" to allow for grounding and the machines are set back a couple more inches so they are fairly well protected from any direct dust or sparks.Always open for comments.Grant