Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default My new rotating axel drop deck style trailer

Ok its been awhile since I have been here , so I thought I would stop in to let you guys in on my new project / proto type .

The idea was to not have to use ramps to load bikes, lawn mowers ,golf carts and so on .. I never liked the tilt style trailers ,and I have seen some other drop deck style trailers out there like Baxley and a few others that are over complicated with electric , air ride and hydrulic.. so I wanted BUILD something simple with a hanD crank set up .. but not a boat winch cable set up .

the acuator im planing on using is a tong jack mounted horizontal to a arm .. not in the pics yet .. a few bugs and design to work out .. 3 different ways to set this up .

hope the pics come out .
    Don

ALUM 106.jpgALUM 105.jpgALUM 104.jpgALUM 103.jpgALUM 102.jpg
    Last edited by Alumitech; 11-06-2011 at 05:36 AM.

a few more pics to come ... as things go along ... collars were built into the axel where the springs and u-bolts attach incase you were wondering .. grease fittings for lube as things rotate .. ignore the last 2 pics .. old trailer .

ran into a snag yesterday , the acuator arm on the center of trailer axel may have to be moved .. so back to the drawing board .
    Don
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alumitech; 11-06-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Cool

Thats nice but. I can see future problems with the tube between the spindle and the axle. But since you are using it and not selling them to the public you may be OK. Because they would tear the thing up. My buddy has a drop tandem gooseneck and i like to watch it move when it drops down...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48