Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scaffold

AWESOME SET UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must have been a a bagger at JEWEL when you were a kid .

Talk about 1000 pounds of goodies in a 100 pound bag, neato!

Can you get that loaded in a day ???

Thanks BD1.
    Once a year we haul my son's camaro to a drag race reunion out of state. It takes about 1 - 1/2 hours to strip the attachments & racks off and install the winch. They are built so the track loader can pick them off the trailer and stack them in the shop.

Building forks for secondary scaffold.

One project I failed to mention was the framing jig. This makes framing a billboard much faster & easier.

The 2 orange square tubes with the brackets are the jigs.

I line the jigs up on the "level line" using a laser level on a tripod & screw them to the 2 outside posts.

I have brackets welded to the jigs at every sign combination up to 10' tall.

I just stack the 2''x4''s on the appropriate slots, screw them to the sign posts & remove the jig. Saves a lot of measuring & the 2''x4''s are correctly spaced & level every time.

Default Man Basket

Well after riding around on pallets for 4 years I convinced the Boss to let me build a Basket to ride in when I'm fixing lights and cameras in our warehouse.
    I wear my harness and it attaches to the yellow safety rod under the top rail. Almost OSHA specs, I need to add the chains to secure the fork lift on the bottom left side. The left side is where the forks slide into the tubing under the basket.
    Kinda looked at lots of pics and designed to work for me. Ok you Osha guys comment Please!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is a post setting attachment I built several years ago. It pins to the bucket of the backhoe.

Here it is moving a 4''x6''x24' post into position.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsuper View Post
    Well after riding around on pallets for 4 years I convinced the Boss to let me build a Basket to ride in when I'm fixing lights and cameras in our warehouse.
    I wear my harness and it attaches to the yellow safety rod under the top rail. Almost OSHA specs, I need to add the chains to secure the fork lift on the bottom left side. The left side is where the forks slide into the tubing under the basket.
    Kinda looked at lots of pics and designed to work for me. Ok you Osha guys comment Please!!!

The basket looks good.... however, your lanyard anchors need work. They need to be able to take a 5000# impact, as does your method of positively attaching the basket to the fork truck.
    Bobcat 225NT
    Cutmaster 52
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
    Caterpillar TH63
    '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

I had to do some digging over the weekend to tap into a water line. Got a couple of pictures of the backhoe I built many years ago. It's not pretty, but it keeps on diggin'. I built it with what I had laying around the shop. The hyd. cylinder is off a little Briggs powered track loader I had before this one.

Last edited by pro70z28; 04-16-2012 at 12:10 PM.

I've used the scaffold enough times now that set up & tear down are going much faster. It really has made a difference in the clock (& on my back). Should have built it years ago.