Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scaffold

Keep adding steel to it, eventually you'll be on here looking for a bigger Bobcat with more lift capacity. Of course a larger model would have a higher reach too, that may come in handy someday.

It's still light enough to carry, not that I plan to. I like the little bobcat for getting into small spots, something I run into regularly (it will fit through a 36" door). This one will reach 11' when done, add my 6' and that's about as high as I need for nearly any job.

Spent the long weekend getting as much done on the scaffolding as possible. I have a couple things to do yet but I'm a little closer to calling it a done deal. the track loader isn't big enough to set the deck on the trailer & still pull the forks out of the receivers. That & there's no way to easily pick it from the end. So I decided a tilting storage rack would solve both problems.

Flipped the deck upside down & built the flip part of the rack on top.

Once I had it far enough along to bolt down to the trailer I worked on the storage for the railing parts

Got it this far along & then took it back off to do a little more work on the railing storage and the final welding & paint.

Here's just the storage rack

And here's the rack loaded with railing parts & the deck in the pick position. I used Some Roll on bed liner on the top for a non-skid surface.

And the deck in the storage position. I sprayed rattle can undercoating on the bottom side of the plywood just because I had a few cans on the shelf.

Still a lot to do but it's getting closer.

One with railing so far.

Got a little more done on the scaffolding. I made up some corner posts to attach the kick board & cut some slots for the corner tie downs.

Capped off & welded. I put a short collar over the receivers to make dropping in the railing parts easier.

Got the frames for the kick boards welded up. Installed the tie downs to take the wobble out of the railings.

Made up a pair of racks to hold 2''x4'' framing lumber.

Then I designed some graphics & laminated them to some .040 aluminum.

Cut them to size

Using the graphic as a guide, I bead rolled a raised panel to make the graphic a little more 3d & stiffen the panels.

Formed the panels in the brake & screwed them to the frames.

All installed. That's it so far.

I printed the graphics on reflective material so it can be seen better at night.

Default Holly Smokes...

...Super nice job. I like all the finishing touches!
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

Too bad it's not legal.... Not so much the basket, but the machine holding it up...

1910.178(m)(5)

doing more or less the same thing you intend to.....

unattended truck with a load raised.... cost me $5k this summer.
    Bobcat 225NT
    Cutmaster 52
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
    Caterpillar TH63
    '07 Kawasaki ZZR600