Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Unsure, as the earlier 300DX makes little mention on how the memorys are stored.

though it does tell you how to create or overwrite a program, perhaps thats what the operator should do instead of trying to use what I suspect is an existing one.

Should I go and buy a 24v dc power supply and do the factory reset? The Miller tech guy told me that they did not encourage doing a factory reset. I don't know what he meant by that!

The manual has a section where it says how to clear a lock out mode, but when I choose between the 1 to 4 memory presets, it allows me to make changes so I am guessing that the machine is not locked.

Something strange happened.......... I removed the plug for the pedal to check it, it looked ok. When I installed it back and switched on machine I pressed the pedal and the flickering sound stopped!!!! I will try tomorrow to start an arc on aluminum on AC mode and see if the same thing happens. This is weird because the plug was inserted correctly and was tight!

Will keep you updated and let you know what happens tomorrow!
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Telwin Digital Mig 180

Don't you just love it when a guy "screams for help" and then just disappears, leaving everyone wondering what really happened.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Wonder if the OP got his Headspace and Timing issue solved?
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Default "Dynasty Process Setup" sticky....

Regardless of the resolution of this problem.. the info contained in it should be available in the "Dynasty Process Setup" sticky.... this is not the first time a dyn owner has had similar probs and will not be the last.....
    Does look a lot like Operator Buttonology probs...... I have been outsmarted by my Dyns more than once myself....(200DX & 350DX) no shame to it... they are complex machines with nested menus and a sometimes less than intuitive inteface....

Default wana b dynasty

spendy machine, wanted 250 but economy got me an older dial arc 250 hf, gota make do cheap as possible, looking for more up to date mig unit but economicly not in the near future

Default Please explain OCV

I am really confused about open circuit voltage and what to set it on (low or whatever the other setting is). Can someone explain it in a way that a 3rd. grader would understand.

Also, I also don't have a clue why there is a voltage readout on the Dyn 200DX. When would I need to know this and how would I use this information? I'm signing up for a TIG class next semister so I won't have to continually show my stupidity on this great forum. I have learned more from here about things not really covered well in the manual.
    wayne lewis

Hey Guys,

Sorry I did not post to this thread earlier.

I had to send the machine to a miller approved tech repair shop.

Here is what the tech guy told me trough email.

The welder has landed and we have diognosed the problem , There is a short diode on The AC chopper circuit which means the welder would not sustain an arc in AC. Basically the AC chopper is split into 4 sections and 'Chops' up the DC supply into DC+ then DC - , Then DC + then DC- thus giving an AC output. one of the two DC + circuits had a diode failure which made the machine work OK in DC ( which is always DC - ) but in AC the cycle that was missing caused the arc to break down. We have checked all other components in this circuit and all is OK so we can only put it down to component failure.

I got it repaired and is working beautifully now.

Thanks to everyone who helped me trough this thread,

Many Thanks and Best Regards,
    Marlon
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Telwin Digital Mig 180

I am still learning tig welding so I am still hoping that I will improve more with more and more practice . Here is a pic of the weld quality that I am able to do with the machine. Its a 3 inch 304 stainless exhaust down pipe which I am extending/modifying.

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Telwin Digital Mig 180