Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I never thought of it either, till my dad pulled a whole mess of it out of a church when they re-did their projectors. Having some 20 odd 10' lengths of it in his garage, I realized it could be used to augment the hooks I had been hanging on the overhead garage door frame.

I never did install any in his garage, but my paint booth will have several sections of it attached to the ceiling.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Quote Originally Posted by rubadub View Post
    This will double the life of a disc, ( almost )

http://www.1969supersport.com/tls.html

Rob
    I've just added the parts for that to my home depot shopping list. I'll be making one right after my next trip. those discs aren't cheap.
    Millermatic 180 Auto Set

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jweller View Post
    I've just added the parts for that to my home depot shopping list. I'll be making one right after my next trip. those discs aren't cheap.

Sounds good.

Rob

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.
    http://www.1969supersport.com

"This is a comparison of the size of a disc that is worn down to the original roloc
    holder and you can see how much smaller this one is."

Maybe I'm missing something -
    Is there a reason you just didn't trim down the original roloc holder - it seems like you could cut the face back to the same size as the new one you made ?

Sorry. As small as it gets. It was a small welding job and didn't take long to complete. Just took a while to get to area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My first gig all, my MM180 worked flawlessly. course, to get my mig working properly at home took some great advice from the guys here. thanks to those for their advice

A bit shy to post these pics at first due to the caliber of projects posted on this excellent thread. the chevelles are my personal favorite can't wait to post B4 and after pics of my 66 malibu Floor pans project,( which due to work Around the Home) is on hold for now

http://www.putfile.com/pic/7683360
    http://www.putfile.com/pic/7683359

http://www.putfile.com/pic/7683435
    my 66
    Last edited by toecutter; 02-16-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Replaced links and added onother
    traded the MM180 in for a MM212
    lots room here for more machines like, a Plasma cutter oooohh yeah!
    tinkerer with many talents,master of none

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck U&R View Post
    "This is a comparison of the size of a disc that is worn down to the original roloc
    holder and you can see how much smaller this one is."

Maybe I'm missing something -
    Is there a reason you just didn't trim down the original roloc holder - it seems like you could cut the face back to the same size as the new one you made ?
    I'm not sure how far back you could trim the roloc disc pad holder, but you have a good point Chuck.

I just went out and measured the holder, the metal inside the holder looks to be about 5/8'' diameter.

The way its built leads me to believe that if you trim it down to the metal, it might fly apart, but I'm not sure.

The nut I used could be safely ground to 5/8'' or maybe even smaller then that.

Maybe somebody on here could grind down a roloc disc pad holder, but use some caution, like safety googles and a face mask, in case it flies apart.

Its hard to tell if it will fly apart, or when it might decide to let go, I don't have a clue on that.

But I know the nut welded on the rod I used won't fly apart.

So, maybe somebody could do some tests, just be safe.

I have used the little homemade holder a couple of times.

On the floor pans of my 69 chevelle. Where the floor pans are plug welded to the floor support, I want a nice clean edge, and that lip along the floor pan support varies from 3/4'' to 1 1/4'' wide, so I can get in there and stay off the edge of the floor support with the little disc.

I also used it on the rocker panels where the narrow part of it is.

Anyway, I hope I explained this okay, anybody else got any ideas, nows a good time to sort this out.

Rob

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.

If you use your SEARCH above and type in RECYCLING SANDING DISCS..you'll see my version of something similar I posted on 10-20-2007....
    The search seems not to work for me.......go by the date
    Put in grinder and it's on page 2 at bottom on my screen
    Last edited by monte55; 02-16-2008 at 12:33 PM.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Here you go Nick.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ead.php?t=1969

Rob

Thanks......sometimes computer stuff eludes me
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter