Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Default Lets see your pics of some small projects

Please show your pics of some small projects for us board members to get some good ideas. Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Gsd34me View Post
    Please show your pics of some small projects for us board members to get some good ideas. Thanks all!
    You first

Here's a fireplace cover I made. These are gas logs and the cover is to keep the cats out of the fire place. It has some ears at the top that prevent it from falling out forward. It's finished with "Antique Copper Vein" powdercoat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

What type of projects are you after.... yard stuff... automotive... ?
    My webpage has a bunch, but not sure thats what your after..
    Jim

Default Torch holder clamp

This is the only one I've got handy. Of course, the idea came from someone else on this forum.

Last edited by EdZep; 04-22-2008 at 10:00 AM.

Heres one for you guys, its to do with ventilation in your shop or garage to get welding fumes out.

I use it it for welding fumes, plus my home made paint booth.

Anyway the vents are insulated, because i live in Wi. But I also use an air conditioner once in a while in the summer.

This is on the first five pages of this,http://www.1969supersport.com/paintroom.html the pictures are scattered around a little, but you can see the insulated vents. Anyway, for whats it worth.

Rob

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.
    http://www.1969supersport.com

Quote Originally Posted by rubadub View Post
    Heres one for you guys, its to do with ventilation in your shop or garage to get welding fumes out.

I use it it for welding fumes, plus my home made paint booth.

Anyway the vents are insulated, because i live in Wi. But I also use an air conditioner once in a while in the summer.

This is on the first five pages of this,http://www.1969supersport.com/paintroom.html the pictures are scattered around a little, but you can see the insulated vents. Anyway, for whats it worth.

Rob

"There are questions to be answered, and answers to be questioned"

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.
    http://www.1969supersport.com

WOW I looked at the chevelle pics. Amazing work, I mean world class. Very nice.

I'll play.. here are a few recent projects..

1 & 2, this is a mobile cart for my abrasive chopsaw and cold cut saw. The top rotates so you can place the needed tool on top. ( It also helps clean the tabletop off )

3 A pair of steel saw horses, the wooden ones I had were falling apart. I'm still thinking about attaching a 2x4 to the tops

4 Got this rack at an auction for $1, cut up some tube and turned it into a shovel, rake, etc.. holder

More to come

Mark

continued..

1 used some 1/2" square tube and PVC tubes to make a rack to hold my tig filler wire

2 Built a cart out of 1" square tube for our flux core welder that we take out on site for fence welding

3 Made shelf brackets out of 1" flat bar and 5/8" square tube to put shelves up high in the garage and get the coolers, and other stuff off of the floor.

Mark

1 and 2, I've always wanted an older gas pump in the shop ( for looks)..

I found this one of craigs list for $40, I tore the guts out, sand blasted, repainted, replaced the plexiglass and other broken parts. I still need to get some decals to put on the front and back. It turned out really well. SWMBO has even told me that I can even bring it into my office in the house

3 & 4 I picked up this drill bit sharpening jig at an auction a couple of years ago. This along with the motor out of the gas pump, an arbor and a grinding wheel turned it all into a drill bit sharpening setup.. It'll do until I improve my freehand sharpening skills.

Mark
    Last edited by 67chevelle; 02-14-2008 at 06:05 PM.