Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboyracer View Post
    I would not "tap" the table top. As a matter of fact, I would not tap the cross members. I would drill and counter sink the top and drill the cross members to match for self-tapping fasteners...My 2 cents...again.
    Yeah there is no way I'm tapping anything. I Just hate tapping things so much.

The whole seam thing is bugging me now LOL
    Miller Mig 140 Autoset (2010)
    Miller Syncrowave 250 (1996)

I have a lot to learn.

-Joe

Default Seam...

Don't sweat it...itís not going to affect your project anyway. Just remember it next time.
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

More picturesssssss

This next one was my second downward weld.. (the first one sucked.) I was happy with this one: the rest got better.

I have a lot to learn.

-Joe

Another top to bottom weld:

I'm loving every minute of this project honestly. I wasn't going to weld every single spot where the tubes met, but I was having so much fun I just went for it. LOL

Also these pics may not be in order... some more to come.

Already serving some purpose.

I have a lot to learn.

-Joe

Better purpose... better beer:

Some of the things that help me out a bit... especially my eyes, my face and my hair.

I have a lot to learn.

-Joe

No matter what I'm welding I try to put the seams either facing in or down. This kind of hides the seam. Most times it doesn't really matter, just a habit I got into many years ago.

Also a good habit is to continue your welds slightly around the corner so you don't end up with the little holes where the welds meet in the corners.
    Last edited by MMW; 10-30-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    No matter what I'm welding I try to put the seams either facing in or down. This kind of hides the seam. Most times it doesn't really matter, just a habit I got into many years ago.

Also a good habit is to continue your welds slightly around the corner so you don't end up with the little holes where the welds meet in the corners.
    Yeah I started kind of doing that at the end... it was one of those light bulb moments for me haha

BTW squaring up metal... sucks. So much easier to square up wood.

I also biffed on the top, I was supposed to cut the 48" widths down to 44" so I would have 2" overhang on each side. (Way to go genius) So now I have 2" front and back and none on the sides. It isn't a deal killer, chances are I will be replacing the top at some point anyways and use the old top as a shelf or something.

Bought the castors last night, came out to $62 and some change. Killer pricey. :-/

I have a lot to learn.

-Joe

So now I'm in a predicament with the wheels. The base of the table is obviously 2" for the tubing.

The wheel base has a foot print of 2.5" So the holes are pretty much blocked :-( I may have to make a base plate to weld to the table with threaded stand offs for the bolts.

I wonder if insetting the wheels diagonally would be an issue...
    Last edited by 550; 11-01-2011 at 09:55 AM.

I have a lot to learn.

-Joe

Default Flush the plate...

...to the outside corners and weld away! Why waist time bolting?
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboyracer View Post
    ...to the outside corners and weld away! Why waist time bolting?
    That's exactly what my buddy told me. haha

I have a lot to learn.

-Joe