Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking Excuses, Excuses. You must be married.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    so i have 2 tanks, an 80 and a 125.also nice if i need to back gas.
    i pull the first tank when its low but not quite empty so i have some for back gassing if needed, or to get me threw the last project if i run out on the 2nd tank.
    YOU ARE IN SOOOOO MUCH TROUBLE!!! There goes my resolve!!
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

just tell the wife i made ya do it.
    but you got a Miller TIG and i didn't.
    it was my wife that made me spend the $ to get my TA-185 though, so that was all good.
    and i added a sand blaster to my shop day before yesterday. ..........forgot to tell the wife though, so don't mention it.
    cheapo HF version, but i been needing one for a long time and i think i can make this one work with a little adjusting here and there. most of my stock is scrap, so it will help cut down on prep time.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default "little" argon tanks

Don't know who your gas supplier is, a Praxair dealer recently let me trade a small tank against a larger one, only paid for the difference. I even traded an acetylene in on a shielding gas once. What I have noticed through the years is that there is a HUGE difference in tank policies between the various gas supply companies, and that also goes for store to store differences with the same company name. It all depends who's on the dock sometimes what they will let you do with a tank. Don't overlook garage sale tanks, but be careful. That said, I have had pretty good luck. Do be aware that the very largest tanks are rental only, and technically no one but the supplier can own that size, so be careful what you pay for yard sale tanks. However, I did have a supplier trade me down from a rental I found at a yard sale to an "S" size tank, he was glad to get the more valuable rental tank back. I even had a supplier accept an orphaned tank from an out of business company. However, I'm between Milwaukee and Chicago and have many different gas suppliers to choose from. Sometimes what one guy says "no" to, another doesn't question. Good Luck, Mark

Weldtoride
    What I have noticed through the years is that there is a HUGE difference in tank policies between the various gas supply companies, and that also goes for store to store differences with the same company name

big time. thats why i have to drive 100 mil. to fill my argon tanks. i own them and localy they only rent anything over 60, mine being 80 and 125. one place dose sell 80's but only fills there tanks, so i would have to buy an 80 from them to be able to get it filled.
    thourowbread in my area dose not do strait argon, so i cant use them for argon, but i use them for my O/A tanks that i own but swop out at there drop point. every one has there own guides to go by.

another thing to mention. if you get an old ugly tank at a garage sale, DO NOT PAINT IT they see that as an atempt to cover up a damaged tank and most places wont take them.
    kind of a bummer to have ugly tanks sitting behind your nice new welder but thats life. you can make covers for the tanks to jazz them up a bit if ya like, but dont paint them even if you own it.

i made covers for my tanks ( see pic) as i keep all my stuff looking new.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES