Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wife told me to do it

i have been eye balling the sync 200 for sometime now and the wife has been telling for the past days if i want it go get it. i said baby it cost 2000.00 dollars though, she still said get it if you want it. so i did what every man would do, i ran to the local welding shop today and bought it. sweet i cant wait to start using it.

I don't know how many bad descisions you have made in your life, but it sounds like you made at least one right one when you got married. Congrats!
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

You should have done what she would have.....come home with a Dyn. 200 then just tell her it went better with the work boots you were wearing than the sync. did and it was "only" a few $ more
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Thumbs up congrats on the syncrowave 200

but honey the Dyn200DX was on SALE .
    the syncrowave 200 is a great welder. you should really enjoy it. they did a great job stepping up the 180 with more toys and more power. i wish i could have powered one, my shop would be all blue now. but i really like my TA-185 even if its not blue, it sips power and i needed that.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by hytekredneck View Post
    i said baby it cost 2000.00 dollars though, she still said get it if you want it.
    To quote a sitcom... "This isn't like the time you said I could get the pron channel and then when I did, you told me I disgusted you?"

It's a very nice welder. I sure like my SW 200. Read the manual and you can't go wrong. The only negative is the difficulty of setting one up for a water cooler - an adapter, lots of hoses and expense. Once done, it adds a lot to the capability of the machine.

Enjoy!

Had one at work excellent machine ours was trouble free, congratulations. Oh yeah you better hang on to her

Smile I think you better keep her

But, if you decide to send her packin' - send her my way, oh wait, my wife might not like that
    All jokes set aside, let me know how you like it as I have been seriously thinking about one....

Thumbs up

I feel ya man!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my Sync 200 about a week and a half ago!!!!!!

Its a huge leap forward from my old machines.

I had to convince the wife that I could make $$ with it, and I already have.
    Tho I have to now spend $300-$400 to re-wire the place......... seems that it works fine on DC TIG and SMAW, but I am having a voltage drop problem,
    and it won't weld AC TIG worth a darn, which is 80% the reason I got it.

And the fact that I am going through two "little" bottles of argon a week......

"hey baby, I need to buy a bigger bottle" didnt go over too well......

Oh well, I have a few $ stashed , I'll tell her it only cost $50...
    SYNCROWAVE 200
    Atlas 618 lathe (vintage 1960) reconditioned DC
    Sioux 3/8 Pneumatic Reversible Drill
    Makita Everything else
    2400 square feet of Sanford and Son lookin shop space
    "Once the spoon flys, putting the pin back in won't solve anything"
    USA 15T, 15V

www.myspace.com/blackbird455

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...5/DSC00356.jpg two cans, one welder

"little bottles" and TIG don't go to well together. maybe rent a tank for the first year, then buy a bigger one when the $ comes in and have 2 for the rest of the year. will save ya big time on trips to fill, with gas (for the truck) prices what they are a little tank will kill ya. i have a 100 mil. round trip for argon, so i have 2 tanks, an 80 and a 125.also nice if i need to back gas.
    i pull the first tank when its low but not quite empty so i have some for back gassing if needed, or to get me threw the last project if i run out on the 2nd tank.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES