Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: acetylene cost

Default acetylene cost

for the 125 size bottle was 44.95 + ROC ACSURCHARGE 17.98

ROC = republic of china. that is what it cost me today in illinois at rockford
    industrial welding supply

Paid $41.22 + 6.44 surcharge for 125 size.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Thumbs down Prices Rising

This last week I paid right at $100 for a tank of acetyline in Rockford, IL at Rockford Industrial Welding. It had been awhile since I took in a tank because I have multiple tanks and use my torch a lot less these days. I about fell on the floor when I heard pricing. I took two acetyline tanks in for refill. They told me the plant that made the material for the acetylione had a fire and was no longer producing so they order from overseas. I called another supply place to compare prices and they told me they were not selling acetyline to new customers, only propaline if that is spelled right. They said it would work as well as the acetyline and they could sell it to me much cheaper. I would of course need to change my hoses, torch tips and regulators however. I'll stick with the acetyline for now I guess.

Yes one of the two factories that produces acetyline burned over the summer. That plant just happend to supply something around 80% of production. While the other facility produced the other 20% of course. The second facility isn't capable of producing anything near the same numbers for now we have to pay a higher gallon rate. but industry rumor has it that the plant is already being rebuilt bigger and with more stringent saftey precautions from the get go. I feel ya on the price though. Plasma seems more a viable investment everyday it seems. Just wanted to confirm what you heard though. Have a great day.

Yeah the price is killing us at our shop, we switched over to propane

Default It gets worse!

Ever hear of someone lowering the price after the crisis passes?

High prices are here to stay according to a new guy at the LWS that I spoke with.
    OhioDave

HOTsdale AZ

Quote Originally Posted by OhioDave View Post
    Ever hear of someone lowering the price after the crisis passes?

High prices are here to stay according to a new guy at the LWS that I spoke with.

Yeah same thing I've been told. Although they are rebuilding they plan to keep raking in the money because we're paying those prices now why lower them later.

Default canada price

Hi all

All of us here in canada are feeling the pain to a 85 cu ' is $110.00 before the tax man .

propane is cheaper but you use 2 to 3 times the oxy and oxy is going up here now along with the other sheilding gas .

I have seen on the netobout some gasoline/oxygen torch for cutting do any one

have any insite on these units from petrogen no one sells them here in ontario canada and i wonder y not

I would of course need to change my hoses, torch tips and regulators however. I'll stick with the acetyline for now I guess.
    Most acetylene regs will work fine. The issue is "soft parts" and only pressure range if you crank it up. Your maker can verify if compatible, or you can run the internal part numbers between styles yourself if you have the manual.

Judgment call on R-hose vs T-hose, but code says T-rated despite decades of folks using R.

Tips are cheap, and many folks (including me, now) use polypropylene and LP tips interchangeably.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=63151

Default Acetylene ?

Quote Originally Posted by hornby chopper View Post
    Hi all

All of us here in canada are feeling the pain to a 85 cu ' is $110.00 before the tax man .

propane is cheaper but you use 2 to 3 times the oxy and oxy is going up here now along with the other sheilding gas .

I have seen on the netobout some gasoline/oxygen torch for cutting do any one

have any insite on these units from petrogen no one sells them here in ontario canada and i wonder y not
    Where in Ont. are you from?
    I'm in Southern Ont. , near Simcoe Ont. , I'm paying half of what you are paying for 80cu. ft. tank !

.........Norm

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com