Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Millermatic 200

Hybrid View

Default Millermatic 200

Just bought a VERY used Millermatic 200 everything seems to work good, but I don't know the history on this machine. Does anyone have information about a problem with the 200. thanks

Default all good!

I have a friend that has been using them since they came out and he has a big fab shop..he tries to keep at least 2 around but he says they are getting harder to find at a decent price..he says they were the best miller ever made and he has used them all. I've got him watching for a good price on one for me..I just missed one a couple months ago for $600.00 but at the time he didn't know I was wanting one..he said it's very seldom he runs acrosss one that cheap,,he said usually around $800.00 I've seen them go for over $1,000 on ebay.

farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Cool

My dad had 6 of them in our shop. The only problem i remember is the plastic inserts on the taps melting off. No biggie to fix you just needed a bag of them in stock...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Great machine. We've used ours way past the duty cycle for years and years. Not one problem. We have the newer 251s now but some guys still use the older 200. I think they just like the manual tap settings and are not comfortable with the digital read out on the 251.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Well, I have a problem. The machine did not come with a power cord and I just installed one. I don't have a reel of wire for this welder yet so I removed about 20 feet of wire from my other welder to check the wire feeder. The machine powers up good and the wire will feed OK but you can not strike an arc with it. Everything the wire touchs on the welder's frame will heat up or arc. The wire I'm talking about is the wire I was using to test the feeder. I followed the directions on the 220 plug in so I think that was ok. If the wires are off at the plug in will that cause a short. The mig gun is a tweeco and is very used and should be replace. Do you guys think that is the issue here.

Took the 200 to the shop a couple of days ago. The Miller Rep replaced the interface cable on the gun and checked the old girl out. The Rep said the machine tested out very well. The Miller guys kept telling me the 200 is very smooth to weld with and while the welder was in the shop several customers inquired about buying it.

I have the Millermatic 200 and a new Lincolin 215 now. After running alot of test welds and going through the machine settings, I think the Miller is the best out of the two. This is the first time I have done a side by side comparison and the Miller in my opinion welds the smoothest. The Lincolin offers more options but you can sure feel the difference when you pull the mig gun trigger. Both welders have Tweeco guns on them. I still don't know if I will be keeping the Miller since I just bought the Lincolin. THe miller just came up and was a deal I could not turn down...

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead
    ... I have the Millermatic 200 and a new Lincolin 215 now. ... I still don't know if I will be keeping the Miller since I just bought the Lincolin. ...
    Keep in mind that of these two units, the Miller is a lot more powerful. The MM200 is a 250A-class machine. The Lincoln maxes out at 215A. 1/2" rated versus 3/8" rated for single passes on steel.

Default Need Help Please.

I am new at welding, and currently taking courses. I am looking at a millermatic 200 from a guy whos had it about 10 years and he wants $500 for it. However, where he keeps it, there is no power and I really dont know what to look for. So, I want to know, since I cant run it should I forget about it or are there tell-tale signs I can look for to know what shape its in?

Default Millermatic 200 for sale and want to find it a good home

New to the site and want to do the right thing here so if anyone is interested or can help me get itlisted correctly please help