Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Small-ish Projects for High Schoolers

Hi all-

I'm searching for small-ish welding or metalworking projects for high school juniors and seniors. It would be great if the projects had an agricultural "feel" to them. Thanks in advance!

Abby

perhaps a small gate using items found around a farm,to add character to it.such as horse shoes,branding irons crossed over at a x shape, a tree using various size round bar bent to mimic branches .you get the point.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, BOBCAT 250
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Furniture using tractor seats. I make most of my own furniture out of sq tubing which works good. Or even other farm "found" opjects too.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

making your own tools can be educational and entertaining

im a junior in highschool and i just got done with my 6 shank disk chisel in shop class.
    tool boxes would be a good project.
    i made one earlyer in the year.
    how much time do you have to make your project??
    Jake

Look at the top of your screen .... point to "Industries and Interests", find "Welding Projects" and click. Several things with instructions and plans at the top; then off to the right on that page is a link to many pages of ideas and concepts (no plans on these, you take an idea and do your own engineering and designing).

I have most of a semester - 18 weeks or so.

log rack wouldnt take long to make
    Jake

fire racks,. gate latches

Inferno Forge

Chris

I built a feeder out of sucker rod, angle iron and a 55 gallon drum my junior year in HS for vo-ag. Big strike going on with the rod manufacturers so I was stuck welding with what I could get. I can't recall what it was now (been 30 years) but it was supposed to be the same as 6011 only it had a black flux. The angle was galvanized and the flux smelled like burning hair. I wasn't real popular for a while.
    Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
    Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
    Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
    ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
    1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
    Arcair gouger
    Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.