Hello everyone,

I have a few questions that I need help with please: all welding procedures are for ASME Section IX

1. When developing weld procedures to weld pipe materials like P1 (A106 grade A, B, C, and API 5L X-41, X-46, and X-56) to the same or any P1 to P1 combination for ASME B31.3 application in an oil and gas production site for flow lines, I do not need Charpy impact testing for temperatures of -20F and above right?

2. What if I'm developing welding procedures to join API wellhead flanges (materials: 4130 welded to the same), is there any minimum temperature for Charpy impact requirement, in other words, if the temperature anticipated is going to be -20F and above, is Charpy impact testing required for this material. If Charpy is required and it is not at -20F, at what temperature is it required, or do I have to test for impact/toughness no matter what the temperature is for the 4130 material?

3. What if I'm developing a welding procedure to transition from API wellhead to ANSI line pipe (material: 4130 to A106 B or any other P1 material), since the design of this joint is based on the weaker material (A106 grade B or other applicable P1), do I need Charpy impact testing for -20F and above?

Note: All welding procedures per ASME Section IX