Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Who makes mastercraft mig welding machines?

Just bought a little 88amp wire feed machine from canadian tire and was wondering who makes them.

There old acdc buzz boxes were made by century, which is now made by lincoln, but not sure if they make there migs or not.

Thanks cpt. that was my guess. They sell brand name Lincoln so I thought the mastercrap units probably are too.

The MasterCraft welders are definitely NOT lincoln made. Canadian Tire has them made by whatever Chinese facility will make them for the least amount of $.

I have an older 70 amp mig by mastercraft. It is a pos.
    You will be much happier spending more $$ and buying one of the Lincoln migs Cdn tire sells.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Century Mig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding

Actually, you'd be much happier going to a LWS and picking something up there, as you'll probably note that the serial#'s on the Canadian tire Lincolns generally start with an "I", for italy and not really made by Lincoln

"U" is Lincoln Cleveland

Default Thanks cruiser

That is very interesting.I will keep that in mind. The last little MIG I bought was a Century from Gregg's distributors in Edmonton and I recall then that they were said to be made for or made by Lincoln. That was why I was wondering about this one. I'll look next time what country it was made in but I still think it could be a Lincoln or Miller design regardless of where it was made.This one does not have a Tweeko gun but so far works good even with sharp bends.

The Mastercraft is made in China, and is not a Lincoln or Miller design. It may be "inspired" by Lincoln or Miller, but that's Chinese manufacturing for you.

Yup it says China all right. Oh well, for $250.00 brand new it will do for now. 2 lbs of wire through it now and so far so good (touch wood).