Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default help with the shopmaster 300

hi all,
    i bought a shopmaster 300 for a really good price. its my first welder. i got it for $150 at an auction from my school. i need to make a power cable for it and it needs a tig torch. being new to welding i have no idea what fits what. do you have any suggestions to what tig torch will work with the shopmaster?

thanks

Going to bump this question as it appears that you have zero clue on how to weld.

Quote Originally Posted by dadeamann View Post
    hi all,
    i bought a shopmaster 300 for a really good price. its my first welder. i got it for $150 at an auction from my school. i need to make a power cable for it and it needs a tig torch. being new to welding i have no idea what fits what. do you have any suggestions to what tig torch will work with the shopmaster?

thanks
    I have one. You will need a Miller HF 251-D 1 High Frequency arc starter (if you don't want to do a scratch start). Then you can use about any torch, water or air cooled.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.