Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where to look for a job????

I finally have a good welder and I have no clue where to search for shutdown work or contract jobs here in texas. Anybody have any hints on how I would search the net to find em? or do I have to just know someone? thanks for your help i have searched for contract welder, welder per diem, and shutdown welder to no avail.

you might want to go to local welding suppliers and maybe steel suppliers
    ask if they know of companies that may need to hire welders. and that you are looking for work. . tell them you just need a chance

keep asking ...... be wiling to do the bad jobs,work to hopefully get the good work some where down the road.

hope this helps

............... Richard

yeah that is a good idea. who would I be asking for though? subcontractors?. I dont want to be in the shop setting anymore, I sure would like to be out on the road pulling some 7 12's and good money for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by mercuno View Post
    yeah that is a good idea. who would I be asking for though? subcontractors?. I dont want to be in the shop setting anymore, I sure would like to be out on the road pulling some 7 12's and good money for a little while.
    If you want that many hours and the money, keep your eye on the Alaska pipeline. I heard on their special last night on TV they will soon be getting ready to do a big makeover. The line was designed for 20 years, it is now 30 years old. Back in the seventies, guys were pulling in $2000 a week. Or if you want to move down South or to the East Coast, Texas Eastern is in the plans of running a new line Northward. The two lines they have now are at maximum capacity. Most times the big oil companies hire unions to do their work which is a sore subject but it wouldn't take much to get in if thats what you want to do.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

look here on a past post dated 7-16-2007 by chris 2626
    the subject was for hotsheets. there site is www.jobhotsheets.com
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

I would highly reccomend that you check out the AWS website forums. There's allot of Texas guys on there that are more than willing to help a guy out.
    "smokin' joints for 19 yrs."

A.A.S. Weld Tech.

AWS CWI 08011711

Smile looking 4 jobs

Hi Mercuno from Texas.

I have worked with other pipefitters in the past and they always talked about what jobs were on the hot sheet within the welding trade so just a few suggestions look up (tradesman.com,bluecollerjobs.com,us trades.com,weldingjobs.com) just to name a few and see what you come up with and if I can think of any other I will be sure to post them for you.

I know its a long ways from Texas here in Michigan but the internet makse up for it, other thean that I would just keep on pounding the weld shops or maybe a small add in the local paper looking for work some times that works pretty good as well.

Also if you do got to some rig sites just tell them your willing to do WHAT EVER TYPE OF WELDING THEY HAVE EVEN THE SMALL STUFF just to get your foot or welding rod in the door, Best of luck to you in your search

thanks for all the response guys I dont feel so alone out here now . really thanks.

Default 2E info

Quote Originally Posted by mercuno View Post
    thanks for all the response guys I dont feel so alone out here now . really thanks.
    Did you ever get the message I sent to you about the BlueStar 2E engine info?

Griff

i know how you feel i havent worked in two weeks........ "temporary" layoff
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me