Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default DIY preflow timer?

I have a Syncrowave 250 which dosen't have a preflow timer on it. After looking on the web and a call to my dealer, I found out that the preflow timer kit (part. no. 042 144) is no longer sold.

Does anyone know where this kit can be found or how to make one?
    I found the parts list online but I'm missing info on the time itself:
    http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/Miller/Miller-Syncrowave-250-Preflow-Timer-Kit-Manual.pdf

T
    hanks for your help

Default The 2 main parts of this kit are still available

I called my local dealer that sells Miller and both the relay and the delay timer are available.

The relay is in the $35 range, but the delay timer is in the $400 + range.

A clever lad, that knew electronics, could build that timer for $10.

For about $50 you can buy a delay timer relay with the potentiometer on the relay itself.

I was just talking to the Miller techs and that "pre flow timer" was never intended for my machine. Instead a sequencer or slope kit was intended for my tig runner. My machine was made in 2002 and no accessories like this are available for me either.

I will acquire the service manual and see if I want to fab this stuff myself.

(like I don't have enough projects already!)

Default I have the Pre-Flow Timer Kit.

It's never been used as far as I can tell. It was purchased in '91 and never installed. It's been in a box in the shed along with the packing slip.

I have the delay timer, item number 116476. And the Relay, item number 006393. It appears to be missing the Potentiometer, item number 116 196.

I also have the spot timer kit and the Power Factor Option Kit. All of this appears to be new and unused. I'm willing to sell them all to someone who needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    It's never been used as far as I can tell. It was purchased in '91 and never installed. It's been in a box in the shed along with the packing slip.

I have the delay timer, item number 116476. And the Relay, item number 006393. It appears to be missing the Potentiometer, item number 116 196.

I also have the spot timer kit and the Power Factor Option Kit. All of this appears to be new and unused. I'm willing to sell them all to someone who needs them.
    Need to know price and how to reach you?