Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Dynasty 200DX purchase

Hi guys, I'd like to get your opinion on this.

I have Miller Maxstar 150 STL. I'm planning to get another machine, Dynasty 200DX. I just want to know if I can use my torch, clamps, and hose for the DX. If not, is there an adapter that's available for that?? I just figured if most of the stuff that I already have would work, I can just purchase the bare unit.

I've heard it's cheaper to purchase the accessories that I would need separetely instead of going for the whole package. What's the truth behind it??

I know I can wait a few more months and save up for the whole package with contractor's kit but if I can save a few hundred here in there, I'd rather do that. My other option would be to go with the Thermal Arc but I'm doing my best to stick with blue. Not that there's something wrong with Thermal, they've got top notch reviews as well but it's just a matter of preference. If I actually see a better deal on them less than 2G Brand New I might jump on it(TA185).

Thanks for all your coming suggestions.

//Jo

Default Try the Miller Site

For each of those rigs, Miller lists the accessories (such as cables) for each. Compare the part numbers. If they match, you are good to go.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ccessories.php

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ccessories.php
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Coolmate 3

the torch for your max star will work but may not be up to full power. air cooled the dyn needs a #17 or 150amp torch. i suspect you have a 125amp (#19 i think) torch. usable just a little light. but the gas stuff (gages and lines will transfer no problems) you could get the dyn200 up and going with the stuff you have and upgrade it as needed. you might even decide to go to water cooled later and the air cooled will be good for mobile work.
    if you need a foot control SCS has a great one at $165.00 (same one used on the TA-185's)
    as for the TA-185 they are right at $2,000.oo on the net still. i have one and am very happy with it, no 120V option but i can live with that till i can make some $$ with it to buy me a Dyn 200DX.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I do appreciate the input. I'll most probably just get the machine and start from there. I do have more gauges and hoses than I actually need. I bought the maxstar stl complete and also has promig 140 lincoln complete with the gauges and hose. I mostly use the maxstar recently.. learning to coordinate speed, foot control, rod.. etc. My end goal is to be able to tig aluminum down the road. Seems like Dynasty will do what I want(can?) plus some. I've read it several times... you want to get a machine that would exceed your needs.. so when the time comes that you need the extra umph! you can easily dial it in.

Put me in as one of you guy's apprentice/novice. I'll start posting more questions/progress as time goes.

Thanks again, jo

congrats on the Dyn200DX its a great unit.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES