Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Like some reveiws on the DVI2 please!

Anyone have a DVI2 or have used one an could comment on this machine? I am one who has to run a ext.cord from the house when i have to plug into 220 and thought the DVI would be a great rig when i don't need the extra juice.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gsd34me View Post
    Anyone have a DVI2 or have used one an could comment on this machine? I am one who has to run a ext.cord from the house when i have to plug into 220 and thought the DVI would be a great rig when i don't need the extra juice.
    Hi, I got my DVI2 just this past Xmas and I am very pleased with it thus far. I have used it both on 230v and 115v with great results. I am a novice/hobbiest welder and find it very easy to weld with. I had no problem welding 3/16" on 115v and have welded 3/8" on 230v and was very pleased with the results. I bought my DVI2 over MM212 on the same premise that you are contemplating - the ability to use 115V when you don't have 230V handy and don't need the extra capacity. I don't think you would be disappointed. Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Chad
    - Millermatic DVI2
    - Victor Super Range II O/A Torch
    - Milwaukee Dry Cut Chop Saw
    - Milwaukee Super Magnum 4.5" Grinder
    - Compact Bender w/ Scroll Attachment
    - Band/Ring Roller

Yeah thanks alot for the info! Take care .........Tim

Tim,

What happened with the MM180?

Ed

The welding weenies ate it
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Brock/Mike a friend of myself may buy the 180 and i am really considering the DVI.This machine seems like it would be awesome for my needs.