Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

excellent, thanks very much for the posts and for taking time to do so

much appreciated

i got the overhead, vertical and horizontals done today but not bent, that'll be monday

the horizontal caps, in my opinion look pretty bad, not satisfied and know i can do better .. might try to get pics of them

Thanks again for the posts, helps a lot more then some may think

TY

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    Don't even waste your time practicing on 6011 rod..........you'll never use it in the real welding world sh**t sucks donno why they even make it...........No strenghten, flux sticks bad and it's only for corners screw that ........ Kiddo....... in the businees ya only need 2 rods........jet rod (7024 ) for flat AC BTW........7018 ( for vertical or flat ) but moucho strenght ............ those groves look to me like a welding test ur doing ?....... if it's vertical use 7018 from bottom up ...... ya wanna over lap each pass as you have it for sure ........ ya said nothing about GMAW ....... thee best..... but don't use co 2........... 88% 12 % mix is best fer steel .......... overhead welding is an art I bought a PLUSE MIG OTC for doing that sh**t , works wonders for SS vertical , overhead, or whatever........ I got what works, and don't have to work hard to use it .......... this welder I use for overhead nothing can compete with it...........why try a stick rod ?????????
    Because in the real world we cant control atmosphere wind etc stick is more forgiving!!
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Victor O/A
    Chop Saw
    Porta-band
    grinders
    hand tools

Default testing

hi, i am just testing to see if this works