Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default MM175 & Spoolmate 3035

Hello Everyone,
    Is it possible to hook up the Spoolmate 3035 to the MM175 without using a control box??? I opened up the 175 for a peek inside. I noticed that the wires from the 2 prong standard gun are routed to a large multi wired plug that plugs into the circuit board. That large plug at the board has several open slots.
    The spoolmate gun has a 4 wire connector. Do the extra 2 wires on the 3035 hook to 2 of the openings on the large circuit board plug?????
    I'd luv to be able to use the $250.00 I have to spend on the control box for my next project.
    THX ALL.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

Default Sorry..

You will need the control box for any spool gun you use on your MM175.

Good luck,

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Thumbs down

Thanks for the reply Tacmig.... I thought it would be to good to be true..

Default Control box

Tacmig is right, but it is well worth it. I love mine. Every time I use it, I have a stupid grin on my face. ('Course, my wife says that's the way I always look, but you get the idea.)

Posting Permissions