Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default That's a MM211 for those paying attention...

I do get it, but why waist so much time on one project when there are sooooo many that are available?
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

To me it seemed easier to design it the way I did. Also I had no clue how much this thing would end up weighing. Once I got done putting the legs on the first shelf, I just weighed that section and multiplied it by 4. I have over 130 lbs of steel. Still light enough to move, but heavy enough to not worry about strength any more.

Default Another good idea for doing it that way...

You could put one size smaller tube stubs on the bottom of each "section" and make it expandable. The height of each section would be a bit taller buy itself but that would be minor...cheers and nice shelves. I will like to see it with the wood on it. (I am not trying to nit-pick your project, more giving others ideas about what they might do different.)
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

Default And, it's done

Well I finished it up last night. It fits perfectly in the hole I designed it for. See below for the final few pictures.

The first one is the test fit of the wood I cut. I got the wood for free, and might eventually replace it if needed in the future. It is fiberboard.
    IMG_0536.jpg
    This is a picture after the first coat of paint. Safety blue just happened to be the cheapest.
    IMG_0541.jpg
    This is the shelf in it's final resting place. It feels pretty stable and should be more stable the more weight I add down low. If I feel it isn't secure enough, I will weld on a standoff from the wall and secure it to the wall with some lag bolts.
    IMG_0545.jpg
    This is a shot of under the shelf of the tabs I welded in to hold the wood down. Not really needed, but I wanted to see how it was done. Also it keeps the wood from lifting off the shelf due to moisture in the atmosphere.
    IMG_0546.jpg
    Thanks for all inputs, and those that followed the project. Up next is either my work bench or my welding cart, or both if I can figure out how to get full size tubes to my house. I drive a 12 foot truck and the tubes are 24 foot full length. Heck, I don't know if my garage is that big.