Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: miller 252

Default miller 252

Anybody know who has the best price for a MM252? I was thinking of cyberweld, anyone else know of any?

My local suppliers have them, and lincolns 255 at alot more then the msrp....

Forcing me to go online...
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

Default Compete or get out of the way..

Print off a copy of the best price you can find online and ask your local supplier if he/she will match the price. Don't forget that many times there is no tax and shipping charges for online purchases. I know that local dealers get a bit testy at this practice but if they want to compete, they better wise up or lose the $$. I love to hear the local guys complain as they feel they are entitled to a monopoly. But in any event, just tell the local dealer you would like him/her to have the opportunity to make this sale if they can match the price, if they don't, simply apologize and say "Thank you anyway and pardon me for being an educated consumer wishing to save money".

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    Print off a copy of the best price you can find online and ask your local supplier if he/she will match the price. Don't forget that many times there is no tax and shipping charges for online purchases. I know that local dealers get a bit testy at this practice but if they want to compete, they better wise up or lose the $$. I love to hear the local guys complain as they feel they are entitled to a monopoly. But in any event, just tell the local dealer you would like him/her to have the opportunity to make this sale if they can match the price, if they don't, simply apologize and say "Thank you anyway and pardon me for being an educated consumer wishing to save money".

TacMig
    I already tried, they said there is no way they can come close to matching the price, and told me to order online.... They give me decent prices on other stuff, but their machines are ridiculously overpriced, and there are not many places in my area.

So far, I found $1900 shipped
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

cheapest right now is at welders-direct.com $ 1,895
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Default 252

I, too, have been considering the 252. Cyberweld told me that the machine ships directly from Miller's closest warehouse. In my case (i.e., Northern CA) that means either Portland, OR or Rancho Something or Other in Southern CA.

Irish