Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

always glad to help.
    truth be told, it was not my finding but another member's gift to the board. i'm just passing it on to as many as need it. so if he/she be still among us i too thank them for it.
    best part of a forum is the opportunity to gather the wisdom of many, even threw the less than wise.

you may have to play with the % of cut a bit to get the fit you want but with a little trial you will find it a very useful way to get a nice saddle.
    i must say even with a plasma cutter i was never too good at saddles
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

My instructor says pipe wrap templates are a pipe welders best friend.

here this might help also i drug out my layout book some times i assume people know what i am trying to explain sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

k.a.m. was going the same place as me, just without a pic. once again a pic is worth a 1,000 word's.
    25% instead of 40%, i would try his 25 first and play from there as i was trying to remember from memory..........well really no easy way to say but my gray matter is getting dull. so try his first.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Smile wrap templates/tube miter program

a tube miter program can be found at http://www.ihpva.org./tools/index.html
    its listed down on the bottom of the page under spreadsheets. its listed as tubemiter.exe it's best to use heavy papper. just put your values in and print out the template on your computer printer.
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    ....well really no easy way to say but my gray matter is getting dull.
    wait till it gets to the point that you cant sharpen it anymore
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Default Half Moon

Get with the picture..........use a hole saw in a vise , clamped down good..........or go to Harbor Freight and get the jig , works good ..........GL

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    Get with the picture..........use a hole saw in a vise , clamped down good..........or go to Harbor Freight and get the jig , works good ..........GL
    31/2'' or 4'' sch40? Mighty big holesaw personally i will use my pipe wrap and torch,that is what i was taught with i would hate to ride that beast