Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Plasma Cutter?

Default Plasma Cutter?

Looking for a decent Plasma Cutter That is willing to cut up to 3/8 inch. Is there any good inexpensive ones you could recommend?

good and inexpensive don't go together here. do your self a favor and get a good name brand, the spect 375 is reasonably priced and the extreme is not to bad aether. the cheep o's are just going to piss you off in the long run. heard of too many buying the cheep o's and returning it or just losing the $$ and getting stuck with garbage.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Cheap don't come good and good don't come cheap.

The Miller 375 Extreme is a great unit and should meet all of your needs. It about the same as the Hypertherm Powermax 30 which I run.
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet

Hypertherm Powermax series are what i run and love them.
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches
    way to many other tools to list

Quote Originally Posted by Gsd34me View Post
    Looking for a decent Plasma Cutter That is willing to cut up to 3/8 inch. Is there any good inexpensive ones you could recommend?
    NO- but you could try here

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=28783

i agree Thermal Dynamics is also a good option.
    i got the spectrum 125 as i did not have an air compressor at the time and it has built in air. i want to upgrade to a spectrum 375 as soon as $$ will allow it, but my 125 has worked flawlessly for 6 years now. i added a foot control to help with some of the more artsy fartsy stuff i do. but other than that all i have done is replace consumables as needed.
    great cutter.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES