Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here is the battery info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Thanks Kevin...

Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Default Elite Batteries

Kevin,

I'm so glad I found this post, I was ready to throw my $350 dollar Elite helmet in the trash. Changed to the Miller replacements (Panosonic I got) ALL is fine now.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Key Largo

So I was about to toss my lid as well until I found this thread. I have been having intermittent flickering issues since my battery change two days ago. As I need my helmet first thing in the morning - before I can get the right sized cells - I shimmed the top side of the low shoulder batteries I'm using with some heavy paper just under the tang to hold them more firmly in place. Flicker is gone for now. This trick may tide you over until you can get the right ones.

-Chris

would a digital elite use the same batteries??

I use Speedglas Auto darkening and they usr CR-2032 batteries and I can get them everywhere extremely convenient.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

Quote Originally Posted by weld007 View Post
    would a digital elite use the same batteries??
    Weld007,

The digital Elite uses the same batteries and could encounter the same issue with the shoulder height variation.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Kevin View Post
    Weld007,

The digital Elite uses the same batteries and could encounter the same issue with the shoulder height variation.
    Kevin

Do you have a pic or diagram of battery replacement procedure on the Digital Elite?? that you could post to this thread?? or is it the same as the BWE??
    Battery questions come up pretty often...
    TNX

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

First time trying an attachment

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images