Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Batteries Big Window Elite.....

Bought my Miller BWE Helmet 6or7 years ago.... about 2 weeks ago the batteries started to give out.... ordered a new set of batteries today... CR2450,(takes 2)
    not bad battery life altogether... been a darned good hat all these years....

CR2450 batteries are pretty unusual sized coin cells....the size of three quarters stacked each..ENERGIZER-CR2450-4.jpg could find none locally so ordered them off ebay 4 for $8.99.... will put the spares in the fridge... they have a 10 year shelf life...

I just had to buy one of those the other day for something. But they had it in stock at The source. Only 6.49 each though. Link 0.... http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...roduct=2300189 Edit- I 'm thinking you meant 8.99 for all 4. I thought you meant 8.99 each when I first read it.

Talking 4 for $8.99

Actually it was 4 of them for $8.99 including shipping...

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-NEW-Energizer-...item336983396f

could not even find them locally... I thought it was a pretty decent deal..

I was really impressed that the batteries lasted as long as they did... and pleased as the devil that they are easily replaceable... in this disposable world.. hope to get another 7 years out of that hat
    Last edited by H80N; 08-01-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: clarity...

In my area Walgreens sells them. My hood went dead on a Sat noon and I hit all the likely places first Wlamart etc. On a lark I stopped at Walgreens and they had several on the shelf.

Lowes and True Value sells them up here in south jersey

Could one of the Miller guys post the service memo dated August 18 2010 regarding replacment batteries?

What service memo???

I hoped that one of the Miller guys would post it because it has pics that won't show up on my old tattered copy.
    It says that because of the physical dimensions causing the lens to operate intermittently to only use Panasonic or Miller packaged batteries.

mine came with PANASONIC....... the ones that I ordered are ENERGIZER... wish I had known..... will try them and see how it works out......

Could someone from Miller please clarify this battery service bulletin question???