Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Welding rig

Default New Welding rig

I decided to try something different with my next portable welding rig.
    Since I often use my pickup to grab materials and parts for the jobs I do, I've been running two trucks in the past. A pickup and my welding truck.
    This time around I'm going to try the trailer idea.

Here's some pics of it so far, not all completed yet but its done a half dozen jobs so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Freelance Fabber; 07-31-2011 at 09:07 PM.

I always stayed away from the enclosed trailer rigs because of the air flow required for the welder. As long as that is ok, I suppose that it would be great.

I love the last photo..looks great with the tool box under the work bench..

Everything will stay much cleaner inside. Nice setup.

Nice to be able to close everything up and protect it from the elements!
    Nice and clean and everything should have it's place!

There are advantages and disadvantages to every set up.

Trailers are easier to steel in most cases but if you need to chase a part you can leave your guys woking while you take the truck.

A truck mounted rig is more professional but your stuff is out in the elements.

Good luck with your new rig.