Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

jrw159 - I would appreciate a drawing of your latch system. Thanks!

I am pouring a concrete slab to put the kennels on. It will have good slope with a septic system to keep it nice.

Right now I have planned to run the top tube the full 16'. The side tubes would run just inside the ends of the top tube and would become "legs." I would run a bottom tube about 2 inches above the floor to allow for debris to be hosed off easily. I am going to put in one center support. Do I need a horizontal tube going the 16' for structural strength?

Another question, I have only been able to find 60" tall horse panels. Do you guys know of a supply of 72" x 16' panels?

Thanks,

John

P.S. Dogs do not have emotional feelings! The Walt Disney dogs exist only in the movies. We have B.F. Skinner dogs!!! If you are unsure of who Skinner was - you have been lied to and need to start learning a few things before you write on these forums. Also, I asked about how to build a kennel - I really could care less what you think about my dogs living in a 6' x 16' kennel. So if you don't mind - stick to the topic!

Nitrex,
    Actually, I can do better than a hand drawn sketch. I found a good likeness of it. It is basically the same as the Priefert latch, of course not as fancy. Here is a link to the picture. It just slides up and down. If I remember correctly I used a short piece of 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 for the outside sleeve over the 1 x 1.

http://www.priefert.com/products/Pre...-Grade_221/73#

Seeing as how you are putting it on concrete and elevating it, I would just leave the bottoms open for clear drainage of any condensation that may accumulate inside the tubing, but capped and drain hole will work just as well.

As for the horse panel size, I have only seen 60". I will ask round and see if some of the people I know in the farm and ranch business know of anything else.

jrw159

Happiness, excitement, fear, intimidation, anger and saddness are emotions and dogs exibit this. You obviously don't know as much about your animals as you think.

I'm pretty sure Skinner was a singer as in Leonard Now......put that in your smoke and pipe it.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Happiness, excitement, fear, intimidation, anger and saddness are emotions and dogs exibit this. You obviously don't know as much about your animals as you think.

I'm pretty sure Skinner was a singer as in Leonard Now......put that in your smoke and pipe it.
    Actually it is spelled "lynard skynard." I guess not everyone can be as intelligent as I!!!!!

Nitrex

P.S. I don't smoke as I love my dogs too much - 2nd hand smoke can kill!!!!
    Last edited by nitrex; 05-15-2009 at 02:13 PM.

jrw159 & reggie - thanks for the ideas!!! I like those Preifert latches. I'll see if I can replicate something similar.

Nitrex

I guess you are not up on all the posts
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

I am a member of about 7 forums and after scanning them its takes a while to get back to this site. If you think I'm sitting waiting for words of wisdom from you........you're wrong. Don't get me wrong............sometimes dog runs
    are necessary for temporary confinement, such as breeding, transporting, and animals that can't be intoduced to the proper welfare of other animals or humans.
    My complaint is to confine an active animal to such a small area to live its life
    only to serve the whims of the owner for his selfish sporting events. Can you hear me now?
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    That's great. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

I am a member of about 7 forums and after scanning them its takes a while to get back to this site. If you think I'm sitting waiting for words of wisdom from you........you're wrong. Don't get me wrong............sometimes dog runs
    are necessary for temporary confinement, such as breeding, transporting, and animals that can't be intoduced to the proper welfare of other animals or humans.
    My complaint is to confine an active animal to such a small area to live its life
    only to serve the whims of the owner for his selfish sporting events. Can you hear me now?

Monte - I have never once said that my dogs live in the kennels everyday all day. Actually, they spend much of their time in my home with my family. In your first post you assumed that they were confined in the kennels all their lives. I would be ok if they did spend much of there time in runs, but once again you show your bias against sporting events. Have you ever been to a good bird dog kennel/trainer? Have you ever watched a bird dog enjoy hunting - what it was bred to do? Do your dogs get to do whatever they desire whenever they desire? If not, they are only there to serve the whims of their owner for his selfish desires. Sounds like we have a hypocrite here!!!!

Nitrex

Nitrex

I don't post here very often, but your OT remarks and ramblings have ruined what could be a good thread.

This is just a load of PETA Anthropomorphism babble.

To get your mind of this barbaric imprisonment of other people's dogs, go take your pack for a walk. They need loving. You are kind of spreading your LOVE thin over the THREE dogs that you have. Your domesticated WILD animals are probably stressed living in your human environment. They would I am sure enjoy some quality time with you.

Let's get back to the kennels.
    Last edited by rancherbill; 05-15-2009 at 10:08 PM.