Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default Building custom trailer...Heavy Duty Slides for Miller??? How to? Or where to find?

Am building a custom 48ft. mobile shop from a Dorsey drop deck racing trailer. My dilema is I have a Miller Big Blue Air Pack diesel unit (weighs about 2500 lbs.) that I need to mount in the rear of the trailer. Thus the need to build a heavy duty slide system, to slide the unit outside the trailer, (like a heavy duty drawer system) to accomodate air flow, noise reduction, and exhaust dispersion. Was going to build a cabinet inside the trailer, and vent to the outside with custom doors, but still need to remove the unit for servicing, maintenance, and such, and still would not get enough air flow for cooling. If I can move this unit out of the trailer on a slide system, would be my best guess. I have the unit mounted now on a custom deck on the back of my semi tractor, but I do not enough wheelbase to accomodate that current idea with this new trailer. Does anyone have any other ideas? Or any ideas on how to build a heavy slide system with supports? Or where to go? Many thanks!
    Last edited by WEDOOIT; 07-31-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.