Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deal or no deal

Default deal or no deal

i was looking at buying this northern industrial mig welder could any one tell wether its a good one or bad one? Maby some feed back from someone who has one?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...0&N=114+765791

Don't know about the Northern brand but I have a Hobart Handler 135, great machine for the size.
    I would rather spend a little more for a Miller or Hobart than a "house" brand welder.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

2tay530, One of my smaller migs is a Lincoln HD3200 and going by the pictures shown, that is the same welder as mine, just different colors. It has the same exterior case, drive assembly, hose, regulator, etc... it's all the same. Either Lincoln makes them for other people or other people make them for Lincoln, don't know which. I can't speak for the one pictured but, mine is great for sheet metal and light gauge materials. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

thanks a bunch I'll deffinately look into all three of those. Hope I find one soon I want to get started.

Cool Cheap tools

It's $130 cheaper than their Hobart for a reason.

Don't buy cheap tools. You'll get to cuss them for the rest of your life.

Find a way to get yourself a Miller, Lincoln, or Hobart. And get one that you can add a bottle to later. Buy from your local weld shop, you want those guys on your side.

For what it's worth: dabar39 welds race cars, I weld brackets.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

They are cheap copies of lincoln's....they even say right on the front panel made in China.....I know of a guy that got the plasma....after the second one he returned it for a refund..... never got them to work at all.
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

I can't find the hobart 350 or the Lincoln 3200 on the companies sights.
    Can you help?

Thumbs up get quality the first time.

if you are looking for a 120V MIG. do your self a favor and spring for a hobart 140, its set up for gas. if you have 240V and a little more $$ the 187 or the HH210. all have gotten great reviews. spending a little more now will be well worth it in the end. this is a welder you will have for many years trouble free. i granite it will pay for its self even if you just use it to fix stuff around the house. don't mess with a bargain basement deal that will give you trouble and be a pain looking for service. i have had my MM135 for about 7 or 8 years now. got it back when they were only $450.oo ish . never had a single problem with it. run several 100 lbs of wire threw it. flux and solid core. all i have ever had to replace was tips. cant even Begin to tell you how much stuff i have used it on. my first thought was grab a cheap clark, boy am i glad i came to and sprang for a miller.

save your self the hassle, just get a good one now. it will be used for many years. seems like there is always some thing to use it on, even if its just for fun. 7+ years later i still love pulling the trigger. you wont regret getting quality, no one ever dose.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by 2tay530 View Post
    I can't find the hobart 350 or the Lincoln 3200 on the companies sights.
    Can you help?
    It's a Lincoln HD 3200 - as in Home Depot.

I have one and it does just fine for me.

2tay530, found some HD 3200's when I was looking around on ebay, here's the listing for one of them. http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en