Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by badassb5 View Post
    I rhink it would be important that they have a pic of them in it welding at a few different stages of the build. It has to be them doing the welding.
    Thats ok but some of us do not have anybody else around when we are welding or fabricating. And in a shop with other welders, how do you know who is behind the hood or what other members of the forum look like except for the few that posted their pics.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

a pic of you welding it is not going to work. a fair amount of honesty is just going to have to be given out here. like said above some have no one to take the pic for them. also as said who do we know who is under the hood or even what any one looks like in the first place ?
    any one know who the 2 people in this pic are ?? i know cuz i was there, but if i had not ben there any one could have been under my hood, or one that looks like it.............maybe i wasn't there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

If you have a twin, can you just take a pic of them?
    I think we should all undergo a MRI, have a microchip planted in our skull, and be fingerprinted by the FBI.
    Taking a pic of a guy with a helmet on is right on the money.
    Maybe a movie of the person actually putting on the helmet. No wait! Let's go back to when he first got his welder. I want receipts. Man, I could just go on and on. This sure is silly.
    nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Moot point now but I presume everyone has come to realize that there is no need for a pic of a welder w/o the results of a blood sample attached...

Does anyone else have any other ideas which will help the challenge?

Can I use my old picture from the Post Office bulletin board ???
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Exclamation Welding Test

Here`s the deal,gotta a welding test coming up and the sooner I get it done the better.My thing is what will the test entail.Before you ask...they won`t tell me.Anyway...I am a welder,specialty Flux Core.14 yrs./4 actually pending.But...this is my dilemma for now.
    Holla Back
    S.A.M.

Thank you all for your comments on what you would like to see in this years Welding Project Challenge. Our team has taken a lot of your ideas into consideration and come March 19th (if you are a subscriber to Power Click) you will be able to see how we have laid out this year's Challenge.

Thanks again and hope to see all of you enter a project this year

I think the trick is to judge based on creativity and execution rather than monetary worth. That's the only way you can have a relatively level playing feild. I don't know that any time or money limitations will be adhereded to in reality and I think the coolest stuff will take the longest time and the most money anyway. The problem with catagorys for types of projects is some of the most inventive stuff may not fit in any catagory. I'd like to see people allowed to keep their projects and not lose any rights to use them anyway they please. I'd like to see the finalists projects on streaming video too so we can see any moving parts operating and veiws from all angles before the final vote. How about three catagorys under 50 lb., under 200 lb. and unlimited.