Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default I'm looking for a Job on BC Pipeline

Just finished School at BCIT for my Level B Welding, Cant go for pressure tests untill I have atleast another 1000 Hours to get my Stamp, But im looking for a job as a Helper or Something to learn about the pipeline to Gain experience on the Pipeline. Im willing to Run cable, set up, Take care of your tools. and whatever needed be to learn.

Im not sure where to start out, and I thought of researching a few companys to call and ask, but I figured that If I came here first, I might have more luck. If anyone know how and where to start out that would be greatly appreciated.
    Does local 170 work on the pipeline?

Im hoping that getting a job on the pipeline as a helper will eventually help me out with my hours and I will eventually get to weld on the pipeline, if theres any better ways to do it please let me know.

Ive got my cwb all position stick, and Ive got experience welding structural steel north of fort mcmurray working for the boilermakers.

Im not looking for a job right now, but hoping that there will be a job this winter.

Can anyone help me? Thanks

Default pipeline work

Well get in line behind the other 5000 rig welders looking for the same job your looking for! If I was you Id go work in shop, there is hardly anywork out there right now, I haven't touched a pipleine in over 8 months here in Alberta, I havent been to BC as of yet but if there was work I would be there all ready. Wrong time to crack out right now, maybe this winter will be better, we can only hope! with that said take it for what its worth! just trying to help
    Last edited by pipeline Dan; 06-25-2009 at 09:10 PM.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Quote Originally Posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    Well get in line behind the other 5000 rig welders looking for the same job your looking for! If I was you Id go work in shop, there is hardly anywork out there right now, I haven't touched a pipleine in over 8 months here in Alberta, I havent been to BC as of yet but if there was work I would be there all ready. Wrong time to crack out right now, maybe this winter will be better, we can only hope! with that said take it for what its worth! just trying to help
    Hey Dan, thanks, a little scary the way things are turning out with the recession, just hopefully things can get straightened out up north. And im Hoping that this winter has more to offer, If you wanted to work on the pipeline in Alberta, would you have to go through the 488 union? or is it all non union work?

Quote Originally Posted by Rednostalgia View Post
    Hey Dan, thanks, a little scary the way things are turning out with the recession, just hopefully things can get straightened out up north. And im Hoping that this winter has more to offer, If you wanted to work on the pipeline in Alberta, would you have to go through the 488 union? or is it all non union work?
    ask wicked welding! he knows alot more about that then me!
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    and easily upset
    go flames go

100 views and still nobody knows how to get a job on the pipeline? even as a helper with their Level B? ill even work in Alberta wherever I can get experience

Quote Originally Posted by Rednostalgia View Post
    100 views and still nobody knows how to get a job on the pipeline? even as a helper with their Level B? ill even work in Alberta wherever I can get experience
    ya see when you say that you'll "even work in Alberta", that pi$$ guys off here eh! so dont say $hit like! The question I have for you is, why is it that guys have to help you out or even find you a job? nobody has to find you a job , go get a job like the rest of us do! I/we dont know what kind of a worker you are? maybe your lazy! maybe you cant weld, maybe your late for work everyday, maybe your smoke'n happy smoke etc etc. so why would i pass your name on to someone for work if I/we dont know who the heck you are and how good of a hand you are? Ohh and by the way, your BC level b doesnt mean $hit on a pipeline! if you dont believe me go talk to a spread boss and say to him "Hello I was wondering if you are looking for welders helpers" and tell him the part about the BC level b you have as a welder, see what he says you know I just shake my frickn head about stuff like this
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Default wtf

Quote Originally Posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    ya see when you say that you'll "even work in Alberta", that pi$$ guys off here eh! so dont say $hit like! The question I have for you is, why is it that guys have to help you out or even find you a job? nobody has to find you a job , go get a job like the rest of us do! I/we dont know what kind of a worker you are? maybe your lazy! maybe you cant weld, maybe your late for work everyday, maybe your smoke'n happy smoke etc etc. so why would i pass your name on to someone for work if I/we dont know who the heck you are and how good of a hand you are? Ohh and by the way, your BC level b doesnt mean $hit on a pipeline! if you dont believe me go talk to a spread boss and say to him "Hello I was wondering if you are looking for welders helpers" and tell him the part about the BC level b you have as a welder, see what he says you know I just shake my frickn head about stuff like this
    Well man, dont know what burnt your cookie, but i never meant that id work in alberta cause I have to if its the only way to get a job on the pipeline, its just cause its easier to write some hours off if its in bristish columbia,cause its the whole interprovincial thing that I dont have, Alberta Is Great. I got some kinda alberta apprenticeship, but i dont really know the whole alberta apprenticeship thing works.
    Honeslty, ive busted my nuts to try and get where I am today, if you say jump, ill say how high, you say run to the rig to grab my chicken sandwich ill run and get your chicken sandwich, and honestly I dont know **** about bieng a good helping hand, hence why im trying to learn. I gotta get a rep some how and Im trying but its kinda hard when you dont know where to start, **** I dont even care if nobody here gives me a job, I just want to know where to start and how to start.
    As for level B means ****, I completly agree, but by me saying that Im a level B, ive passed all my tests, ive welded pipe in the 1g roll, 2g horizontal, 5g up and downhill 6g on the 6" and 2" and even did the BCP 100, and Cut every single pipe into coupons Bent them and Passed them all. Maybe I could be a ****ty welder, but I wasnt asking to weld on the pipeline, I was asking if anyone knew where I could get a job on the pipeline as a helper so that I can learn how **** is done properly.
    Maybe im doing this **** all wrong, but all I want to know is Where Do I Start?..

Default wow

over 2000 views wow,...

So whats the best way to become a helper on a pipeline in Northern Canada. Could anyone please help me out and give me some info, cause maybe Im not doing things the right way.

Default Your a douche!

BC welding program is way better than Alberta's so !