thank you for ur msg.
ur an inpiration to me too. theres times when iv thought about giving up welding when things are going bad, not with the job itself but the general bu**sh** that goes with it. its not easy bein a girl in a male dominated job. all sorts has happened in the nearly 9 years since iv been doing this and if it wasnt for my true male friends keeping my head together i probably would hav changed my carreer. from a gaffer telling blatant lies about me to get me in trouble, to just plain nasty looks and remarks implying that i shouldnt be there, its very hard to deal with every day. its never about my welding either its always about other things.
reading back to the start of this page im delighted there is so many nice comments and votes of support, its helping me realise that mabay i should really be there an doing wot im doing. i hav the determination to carry on and i really do want to weld, regardless of what anybody says.
i cant thank all of you enough for helping me carry on, u really are an inspiation to me too.
lorraina xxx