Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Proud O' you girl...

I was following along when you were going through the whole training and I was cheering for ya!

Congrats and good luck. All I can say is that it is inspiring to see someone try hard and then get ahead. I just hope I have instilled some of that in my own kids and can be as proud of them.

John

Thunderbolt AC/DC
    MM 175
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Blue Star 185 DX
    Spectrum 375

Default hi there

thanx for ur nice comments and encouragement. this forum and the uk one has helped me no end with all the worries i had about going to do the test. ive had alot of support along the way which is ace. couldnt of got where i am without it, so its greatly appreciated to all concerned. as for pictures, well my welding is still in the ruff but tuff category so i aint takin photos of that!! heres a wee pic of me tho. im on the left.
    i had a chuckle to myself with the girly welder is the man comment. loads of guys say ive got some b**ls for what i do. i really am a girl tho. i swear like a man when ma gear breaks down tho!!
    IM SO HAPPY!!!! finally feel like im getting somewhere now and im not going to be just a mig baby in the shipyards all my days.
    well its saturday nite and im sober!! wee dram for me then bed i think.
    thanx again all
    lorraina xx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by girly_welder; 03-22-2008 at 04:43 PM.

LOL!!! Wow, pretty AND a weldor!!!
    Again, congrats and watch out for those proposals!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by girly_welder View Post
    as for pictures, well my welding is still in the ruff but tuff category so i aint takin photos of that!! heres a wee pic of me tho. im on the left.
    i had a chuckle to myself with the girly welder is the man comment. loads of guys say ive got some b**ls for what i do. i really am a girl tho. i swear like a man when ma gear breaks down tho!!
    IM SO HAPPY!!!! finally feel like im getting somewhere now
    lorraina xx
    Lorraina, CONGRATULATIONS.

I left the more experienced guys help you with the test questions, Im more into stick than I am mig or tig

When the gear breaks down, thats normal, its also normal to talk to yourself as your welding or even arguing with yourself but once you start losing the arguments, then you need to come back here for help

As far as pics, I cant speak for everyone here but I dont think anyone cares how ruff they look, none of us were born with a welding degree, we all learned somewhere. Take pics and post them, we would love to see your progress, Im sure a lot of guys could even post helpful hints
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Lorraina
    Congratulations on passing your test I've been sand bagging this And I was out of town caught the conversation half way through. But you proved your salt and know you have the ticket to show for it. Be proud of that. It takes guts to do what you did. I know for a fact most would have given up.
    Kerry
    PS from your vernacular I'm going to assume you're from across the pond. Or maybe a Canuck?????
    Last edited by kcstott; 03-22-2008 at 11:20 PM.
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Thumbs up

good job!!!
    miller 330 abp
    everlast 225lx
    airco 250a tig
    hobart handler 125 mig
    o/a torches

Great job on passing the exams.... You're going to show the "boys" how to weld..
    Millermatic Passport Plus
    Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
    XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
    Dynasty 300 DX
    Thermal Arc 400 MST
    Victor O/A
    Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Default hi again

ur comments are great!! u giv me confidence in succeeding. was speaking to my trainer the other nite an he was sayin his boss doesnt giv compliments about welders often, but said im going to make a great tig welder one day. my gaffer also said that too so im very happy with that. its just the bit in between thats frustrating cos i want to be good right away. no its not going to happen tho. practice makes perfect and theres no quick route there.

ive ordered a laptop on the net but i dont think its going to arrive before i leave which is tomoro or tuesday so i probably wont be in contact for a while again till i get sorted. my next trip is 35 days so sorry if i dont speak till then. i will take pictures of the butts i do and put them on here when i get home again.

im from scotland yes. not many girls doin the welding over here so its quite a lonely job working away. ive made some great male friends along the way that keep the bad ones away tho. luv working away on different jobs and learning new things. its great.

well im going out tonight to see an old work mate. the whisky will be flowing for sure. (luv the stuff) will go just now but will try and get a wee comment in before i leave for wales. if i dont tho, thakyou all so much for ur kind and supportive words. uv got a big part to do with me getting where i am, i really mean that.
    take care and much luv
    lorraina xxx

Will miss you for the time that you won't be on the forum
    Can't wait to hear from you as soon as you can...
    chiao,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default aye

gonna miss u all too. its great talkin to like minded guys who are willing to help when its needed. thankyou all.
    whisky and beer is calling me. cheerio now
    lorraina xxx