Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welding Apps

Default Welding Apps

Hi All!

I'm thinking of developing a new welding app (that is worth it). Just realized the rest are not helpful and a waste of download. Any suggestions on which kind of app you would like to see?

Regards,

Adam

Default Why???

Why??? just so you can say "there is an ap for that"

to what practical end will this serve??

I tried to strike an arc on my iPhone and it popped like a June Bug on a bug zapper.

Can you write an app that will seal the Magic Smoke back inside it?

I think some leaked out, and now my iTunes library is all jiggered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I tried to strike an arc on my iPhone and it popped like a June Bug on a bug zapper.

Can you write an app that will seal the Magic Smoke back inside it?
    I think some leaked out, and now my iTunes library is all jiggered up.
    You can now buy "Magic Smoke" at your local I-phone store. It comes in an aerosol can to refill your devices if some accidentally leaks out. It is made by the same company that makes Liquid Smoke used for cooking. Just make sure to seal up the inflation port after filling with a quality duct tape from Harbor Fright to prevent any extra leakage. This should cure the problem, if not they are working on a product with the stop leak additive already in it that will be out soon. Of course this is mainly for the older devices with high mileage that the tape might not work on.

Default very funny

It's not aimed at teen rookies who happen to enjoy "Magic Smoke". More for advanced welders with real synaptic connection in the brain that can handle a cutting edge app.

I personally would like an app that has the weights and sizes of materials like beams, channels, tubing, pipe, ect. Not an engineering app. That way when I am working things up, I don't have to remember what everything weights or guess how long the flanges are on a c8 x 11.5. All the ones I have seen on android market suck.

You could probably put millers calculators cards on the app if you get there permission.

Quote Originally Posted by adam2012 View Post
    It's not aimed at teen rookies who happen to enjoy "Magic Smoke". More for advanced welders with real synaptic connection in the brain that can handle a cutting edge app.
    Ohhhhhh..."cutting edge."

To do what? Move a decimal point three places to the right so that we can figure out that to weld steel 0.050" thick we'll need 50A?

How many terabytes will that "killer app" take up? Tell us more about this "bleeding edge."

What's an Apps for anyway? I've always wonder what you get out of an apps. Sorry, I dont have a cellphone.

Adam, do you currently have any apps on the market ?

Adam,

What platform(s) do you plan on using for your new app(s)? I'd like to know what apps and platforms you currently have available. This information would be useful in what new welding app some of us might like to see in the near future.

HAWK