Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Another Airco Bumblebee [MA] machine

I just purchased an Airco Bumblebee 250a AC/DC [MA] machine. Looks great, never abused. It was owned by Florida State University mail room department for shop repairs. The guy said it was rarely used and it looks like it!! I also got 50' leads with it and they are in excellent condition.

What I need to know is exactly which Miller model this crosses too. Another thread posted about this type welder showed that one to cross to a Miller DialArc 250.

I am sure mine is a Miller DialArc 250 but not completely sure which one. My machine is not a Bumblebee II [MSM], which is the case in most of the posts I found here.

Mine is a Bumblebee [MA].

Serial# HG050397
    Stock # 1341-0266

from your serial number and pic.... looks like a 1976 model... here is a link to the manual that corresponds.. hope this helps...

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o314c_mil.pdf

Thank You!!

Can you also tell me what the [MA] versus [MSM] designation means?

fraid that I do not know the answer to that.... perhaps "Cruizer" will see this thread and help us out..... he is a very knowledgable welder repair tech...

Default Just a guess

just guessing..... but since your machine is a Magnetic Amp machine.... maybe it is Magnetic Amp (MA) vs Moveable Shunt Machine (MSM) for amp control where a section of the transformer core is slid in and out to regulate current...

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    just guessing..... but since your machine is a Magnetic Amp machine.... maybe it is Magnetic Amp (MA) vs Moveable Shunt Machine (MSM) for amp control where a section of the transformer core is slid in and out to regulate current...
    That's it! Thanks!

That machine sure looks new, nice find!

It still had the paper tag, I guess a consumer warning label, attached to the side panel.

MA, is the old way of saying *** Metal Arc*** welding

Cruizer
    thanks for helping out.... guesses usually get me in trouble.. even ones that sound so logical.....